Boom Boom Boom - Please shut up!

#21
Chibber said:
Victorian_Major said:
Somebody's been doing IN missions all day on SPTA and the atmospherics are just right to rattle my windows and skull.

Please please bloody stop - because:

I've got a stonking hangover.
It's raining and the Firing Bty (if it's them) will be thredders and wanting to go home.
IN missions suggest that it's some wanky visit or toss OTC competition or something - hardly war work. So shut up.

V_M
I think it's BUSTARD CHALLENGE- which is a toss OTC competition.
Actually no, Bustard Challenge was last month, not a competition, not OTC based and not toss (although there was room for improvement).

It was the National Artillery Association concentration and prize giving which involved all RA TA units and UOTC gun troops and involved 103 Regt firing on the bombard with light gun and 101 Regt firing MLRS RRPR, all on Sat 8 Feb.

Don't know what was going on this Saturday but I hope VM isn't going to give us a running moan every time the range is open on a weekend, TA CS Regts have to prepare their subs to support ops too - which is war work!
 
#23
Victorian_Major said:
I think I'd be wicked enough to just shout 'cease firing' and let the GPO sort out the mess.

...and what is wrong with Imber? All of my best friends and family come from Imber.
No
STANDFAST - thats the trick and then bugger off so no one can cancel it!!!
 
#24
Blyth_spirit said:
Don't know what was going on this Saturday but I hope VM isn't going to give us a running moan every time the range is open on a weekend, TA CS Regts have to prepare their subs to support ops too - which is war work!
Blyth_Spirit, you would appear to be inferring a dig on my part at the TA? I've searched my words and can find no such dig. You wouldn't be one of those chippy TA types would you?

War work on the Plain? - best of luck to you - although a day of IN missions saps the soul of anyone involved - how about saving a few rounds and rounding off the day with a nice quick fag packet fireplan?

...and OTC gun troops don't count. Frankly such things are an indulgence and OTCs should concentrate on infanteer skills. Both of my white hairs come from having done safety for nosh OTC competitions watching dumpy braying fcukwits desperate to put a swinger into Market Lavington. :roll:
 
#25
Chibber said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Victorian_Major said:
My family has lived hereabouts for 600 years and have been notching up the infrequent complainer points for a good 100 or so of those. :D

Hope you are enjoying playing with a proper Gun again.
Fcuk me, VM, are you Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod??
Pished myself laughing at that one.
No offence to anyone but that was fucking funny.

Funny my arrse
I am Connor McLeod of the Clan McLeod and I am F'in outraged!
 
#26
Blyth_spirit said:
Chibber said:
Victorian_Major said:
Somebody's been doing IN missions all day on SPTA and the atmospherics are just right to rattle my windows and skull.

Please please bloody stop - because:

I've got a stonking hangover.
It's raining and the Firing Bty (if it's them) will be thredders and wanting to go home.
IN missions suggest that it's some wanky visit or toss OTC competition or something - hardly war work. So shut up.

V_M
I think it's BUSTARD CHALLENGE- which is a toss OTC competition.
Actually no, Bustard Challenge was last month, not a competition, not OTC based and not toss (although there was room for improvement).

It was the National Artillery Association concentration and prize giving which involved all RA TA units and UOTC gun troops and involved 103 Regt firing on the bombard with light gun and 101 Regt firing MLRS RRPR, all on Sat 8 Feb.

Don't know what was going on this Saturday but I hope VM isn't going to give us a running moan every time the range is open on a weekend, TA CS Regts have to prepare their subs to support ops too - which is war work!
Sorry, my bad info.
 
#27
Resurgam said:
Victorian_Major said:
I think I'd be wicked enough to just shout 'cease firing' and let the GPO sort out the mess.

...and what is wrong with Imber? All of my best friends and family come from Imber.
No
STANDFAST - thats the trick and then bugger off so no one can cancel it!!!
That's just pure evil 8O but I like your train of thought :twisted:
 
#28
Just give the burger van their location (thats if it hasnt got its own range pink) that will soon stop all activity!
 
#29
Lived by the ranges along time (but not 600 years), funnily enough outgoing doesn't bother me :D

Now Teeny Weeny Airways hovering over your street is annoying, especially when you know it is cause they are lost and are reading road signs, how hard is it to find Middle wallop!!!
 
#30
Crunchie said:
Lived by the ranges along time (but not 600 years), funnily enough outgoing doesn't bother me :D

Now Teeny Weeny Airways hovering over your street is annoying, especially when you know it is cause they are lost and are reading road signs, how hard is it to find Middle wallop!!!

Bite me.
 
#31
Everyone can sleep soundly tonight, we are back in camp

5000 155mm down range and none handed back, next camp in Otterburn so the only complaints will come from sheep

Thank you for your patience Wiltshire

'The Highland Gunners’'
 
#32
Otterburn? Oh FFS!

who's fcuking idea was that? w@nkers.
 
#33
Blyth_spirit said:
Chibber said:
Victorian_Major said:
Somebody's been doing IN missions all day on SPTA and the atmospherics are just right to rattle my windows and skull.

Please please bloody stop - because:

I've got a stonking hangover.
It's raining and the Firing Bty (if it's them) will be thredders and wanting to go home.
IN missions suggest that it's some wanky visit or toss OTC competition or something - hardly war work. So shut up.

V_M
I think it's BUSTARD CHALLENGE- which is a toss OTC competition.
Actually no, Bustard Challenge was last month, not a competition, not OTC based and not toss (although there was room for improvement).

It was the National Artillery Association concentration and prize giving which involved all RA TA units and UOTC gun troops and involved 103 Regt firing on the bombard with light gun and 101 Regt firing MLRS RRPR, all on Sat 8 Feb.

Don't know what was going on this Saturday but I hope VM isn't going to give us a running moan every time the range is open on a weekend, TA CS Regts have to prepare their subs to support ops too - which is war work!
I think you'll find that it was the senior volunteer unit of the Royal Regiment who were so engaged. :D
 
#35
Wittmann said:
Everyone can sleep soundly tonight, we are back in camp

5000 155mm down range and none handed back, next camp in Otterburn so the only complaints will come from sheep

Thank you for your patience Wiltshire

'The Highland Gunners’'
Thats the way it should be. Everyone take note.
 
#36
dingerr said:
Wittmann said:
Everyone can sleep soundly tonight, we are back in camp

5000 155mm down range and none handed back, next camp in Otterburn so the only complaints will come from sheep

Thank you for your patience Wiltshire

'The Highland Gunners’'
Thats the way it should be. Everyone take note.
Hopefully reboxing is pretty rare still? I reckon I was 50,000 rounds downrange and only had to unbash ammo a couple of times (although both times were perfectly avoidable :twisted: )
 
#39
FiveAlpha said:
By the way, 206 Bty's CP drills on that weekend were dire.
So, bearing in mind you where their PSI at the time and having the huge experience of a WO2 in 7 RHA, what did you do to improve their skills?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top