Books like Red Storm Rising/Bear and the Tiger etc.

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by British_And_Proud, Jan 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title says does anybody no any authors who have written books on a similar theme to the title... Need a new book for work tonight.

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

vortex larry bond.

3. Arclight - Eric L. Harry.

4. Cheers Grumble.. I'll have a look now.

5. Red Pheonix by
    Larry Bond

6. Team Yankee by Harold Coyle.

Tank warfare with the Warsaw Pact in Northern Europe.

(Look out for the part where the families being evacuted get straffed at Ramstein).

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

harold coyle does some good reads and I forget the name but tom berenson I think which is pilots and stuff in nam rolling thunder was the first then he added to the series.

I've been doing the napoleonic hornblower type stuff lately, on the last of the bolitho series at the mo which is alexander kent.doug reeman, dewey lambdin does them rather well.

if you do ebooks and torrents then you're well away. I've got a kindle but got used to the laptop.

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Protect & Defend by same - simply one of my favourite war books ever!

10. Somebody said to me that Patrick O'Brian is the Tom Clancy of the square rigged world.
    I did read Master and Commander and enjoyed it very much. I licked the illustration in the prologue that explained the names of all the sails etc, very useful.

11. I think I read that about 8 years ago... found Red Storm Rising and actually thought the 2 were the same book, because I couldn't remember the name of the book you mentioned. Must have a re-read... cheers.

12. Ps Gumble, I read a ship must die, by Freeman about 10 years ago and had completely forgot about him. I found a lot of books online there... I think there's about 9000 books in the file. There's a few Larry Bond books in it. Cheers.

Ps. I was reading W E B Griffon last night and his books are so hard to get into.

13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Dont you mean 'The bear and the dragon' by Clancy?

14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

What site are you talking about? With all the books in a file? I'd like to take a look

15. Its a dead torrent by the look of it, it stopped at 52%, when I left for work last night... I'll have a look when I get home and if it starts downloading again, I'll give you the link.