• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Books like Red Storm Rising/Bear and the Tiger etc.

Team Yankee by Harold Coyle.

Tank warfare with the Warsaw Pact in Northern Europe.

(Look out for the part where the families being evacuted get straffed at Ramstein).

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
harold coyle does some good reads and I forget the name but tom berenson I think which is pilots and stuff in nam rolling thunder was the first then he added to the series.

I've been doing the napoleonic hornblower type stuff lately, on the last of the bolitho series at the mo which is alexander kent.doug reeman, dewey lambdin does them rather well.

if you do ebooks and torrents then you're well away. I've got a kindle but got used to the laptop.

Somebody said to me that Patrick O'Brian is the Tom Clancy of the square rigged world.
I did read Master and Commander and enjoyed it very much. I licked the illustration in the prologue that explained the names of all the sails etc, very useful.

Ps Gumble, I read a ship must die, by Freeman about 10 years ago and had completely forgot about him. I found a lot of books online there... I think there's about 9000 books in the file. There's a few Larry Bond books in it. Cheers.

Ps. I was reading W E B Griffon last night and his books are so hard to get into.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ps Gumble, I read a ship must die, by Freeman about 10 years ago and had completely forgot about him. I found a lot of books online there... I think there's about 9000 books in the file. There's a few Larry Bond books in it. Cheers.

Ps. I was reading W E B Griffon last night and his books are so hard to get into.
What site are you talking about? With all the books in a file? I'd like to take a look

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
a google for ebooks torrent will come up with a few massive files. install the software for each type of book or convert them using calibre. another search for kindle will also come up with a huge lump of all the 5 star amazon books.

years ago before kindle, mobi and epub microsofts .lit files were good. even html books are readable once you settle down. converting doesnt allways make a readable book in the new format so some adjustment might be necessary to get over the fact that the text is riddled with odd numbers and headers.

Latest Threads