Books For Soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Littlearmies, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    A few months ago I received an appeal from the Royal Marines in Afghanistan (via the Army & Navy Club) asking for paperbacks and boiled sweets for the troops. I circulated this to a bunch of friends and we have been sending parcels to the Marines ever since.

My contact at the Army & Navy has just told me that the appeal had finished and that she had a lot of boiled sweets that she was tempted to eat at home with nowhere to go. I've got several paperbacks in a box ready to go too.

The Americans have a couple of organisations for this kind of thing:

Is there a similar thing in the UK? It seems such a simple idea that would help when the men aren't on duty.

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

If there is anything please post details - I have a large number of books I'd like to go to worthy cause.
  3. Havent they stopped random parcels going through the BFPO system? Bearing in mind the maximum weight of parcels that you can send through BFPO. Most books, DVDs etc go through the Army Welfare Service, try googling them and contact them.