• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bookmarks

switched on my PC tonight and have lost all my bookmarked sites, and cant load any back on, this ferking thing won't let me.......anyone got a answer, already on second beer and that didn't work either

That's your ISP.

The correct answer will almost certainly be one of the following:

1) Internet Explorer
2) Firefox
3) Google Chrome
4) Opera
5) Safari

vvaannmmaann said:
I am having the same problem.Anyone got an answer?
Yup, not sure how, or if, you can manage to get them back but if you do then download X Marks .. http://www.xmarks.com/

It stores all your bookmarks on a server and you can then go back and restore any set you have synchronised. It will save you having to lose them again if you have to manually bookmark the set you lost.

I use Firefox but it works for IE too.

Thanks for that.However they have just disappeared.Normally hovering over the writing changes the letters from grey to black,it ain't happening now.

vvaannmmaann said:
Thanks for that.However they have just disappeared.Normally hovering over the writing changes the letters from grey to black,it ain't happening now.
I had the same with my browser about a week ago, I am with BT Broadband and use Firefox and I got the same thing. Luckily I had X-Marks up and running. Have you tried installing another browser and importing the bookmarks into that one and then exporting them back into the original browser ??

Sounds like the bookmarks are there but you just cant access them. Re-importing them might work.

Latest Threads