Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by taffplod, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. switched on my PC tonight and have lost all my bookmarked sites, and cant load any back on, this ferking thing won't let me.......anyone got a answer, already on second beer and that didn't work either
  2. msr

msr LE

Which browser are you using?
  3. bt internet
  4. msr

msr LE

That's your ISP.

The correct answer will almost certainly be one of the following:

1) Internet Explorer
    2) Firefox
    3) Google Chrome
    4) Opera
    5) Safari
  5. :? That's not your browser, that is your internet provider.

MSR means Internet Explore, Firefox etc.
  6. Made a fight cnut of myself ....internet explorer
  7. I am having the same problem.Anyone got an answer?
  8. Yup, not sure how, or if, you can manage to get them back but if you do then download X Marks ..

It stores all your bookmarks on a server and you can then go back and restore any set you have synchronised. It will save you having to lose them again if you have to manually bookmark the set you lost.

I use Firefox but it works for IE too.
  9. Thanks for that.However they have just disappeared.Normally hovering over the writing changes the letters from grey to black,it ain't happening now.
  10. You should all use Firefox Xmarks, this enables you to synchronise your bookmarks to a second computer and seems pretty secure
  11. I had the same with my browser about a week ago, I am with BT Broadband and use Firefox and I got the same thing. Luckily I had X-Marks up and running. Have you tried installing another browser and importing the bookmarks into that one and then exporting them back into the original browser ??

Sounds like the bookmarks are there but you just cant access them. Re-importing them might work.
  12. Are the bookmarks still in your favourites folder? Go to C:\Docs and Settings\%username%\Favourites. If they are still there then you may have to update the shell folders in registry.
  13. I have found them using this
    But there is still no access from the Bookmarks tab? I have emailed Yahoo to see if they can help me/us!
  14. Tried this link, update the shell folders in registry. but to no avail still pished off need more beer.