Booking Service Accomodation

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by crazyk69, Oct 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I am on resettlement and have decided on my courses, I am trying to
    a) either book service accom
    or
    B) get a non availability chit

My courses are at gatwick Airport, does anyone have any contact details for any ubits who supply accomodation in that area or if there is one a central booking office for London District or something.
    I don't have access to DII etc at the moment.
    Thanks in advance
    Ian

2. I think there is accomodation in chelsea barracks if it hasn't been sold yet but I have had a couple of course in Central London this year and have managed to get hotels in euston through my travel cell. They initially tried to get me to get a non-availability chit but as I didnt know where to get it from they didnt push it and I got it booked without one through Central booking service.

3. Thanks for the reply,
    I'm doing resettlement so I need to have a non-availability chit, hence why I need a contact number so I can ascertain if there is accom or not.
    My unit has just arrived from Germany so everything is in upheaval at the mo so don't have a travel cell.
    cheers
    Ian

4. Transit accomm in London is at Uxbridge.

Chelsea has gone.

5. Check PMs!

6. HQ LONDIST will supply the Non Availiability Chit.

7. Surely Gatwick isn't anything to do with London District. More like 2(SE) Bde and I am certainly not aware of any mil accom anywhere nearby so you should have no problem with non-avail chit.

8. I stand corrected, anyway, it should go to the Bde HQ and not the individual units, you would be there forever calling units in the area.

9. thanks for the replies,
    I tried Lond Dist, they only do accom inside the m25, and Uxbridge is outside the travelling time. Phoned Aldershot as they are the nearest Garrison, they gave me accom in Aldershot which again is outside the hours travelling time. It's a bit like banging your head against a brick wall. Still onwards we must go.
    Ian

10. When i went on a course at Gatwick a couple of years ago we stayed in the Copthorne Hotel about 15 mins drive away. Other people who went on the same course after me stayed in the hotel at Gatwick airport.

11. To avoid starting another thread on this subject, I hope you don't mind me tagging a question on here.

I have recently done my resettlement and was given non availability chits for all courses.

My question is, should I be reimbursed for the full amount for accommodation (£99/night)? I have been told that the maximum that you can claim back is in the region of £52 which leaves me £47 short. The accommodation was booked through the system and was in the Ramada on the Hogs Back near Aldershot.

Thanks in advance.

12. No, NS through the system is actuals, in that it was booked by the Defence Hotel Reservation Service, what you have been quoted is the Privatly Arranged Rate or PAR, this is when you do not, for whatever reason, go through the Defence Hotel Reservations people, not to be confused with PAHA Overseas which can no longer be used.

13. So.....

After paying for the accommodation in full, I can expect a full refund?

Cheers

14. CK69: You need to contact G4, HQ 2 Bde for accn near Gatwick - Londist and Aldershot have nothing to do with that area.

Afs: You should be refunded what you paid but you'll need the CHBS reference number, which the RAO will have if the unit booked accn properly.

15. Indeed, plus up to the capped amount (actuals) in Daily Subsistance and I.E at UK £5 per day.