Booking holiday

I am currently a phase 2 soldier at MOD lyneham, and won't be at my unit till at least January next year. But was thinking of booking a holiday and putting a diposit down this augest. To then actually go on the holiday augest 2018 (will be at my unit by then) Do I wait till I get to unit to book or will it be okay as I'll only be a class 2 by then. Can you book a holiday before getting to your first unit posting

I have been out of the loop for a long time but don't you have to apply for leave?

Yeah on JPA, at phase 2 everyone is on set leave and I believe at unit your leave is when you like once accepted my chain of command

Yeah on JPA, at phase 2 everyone is on set leave and I believe at unit your leave is when you like once accepted my chain of command

Not all the time. A lot of units use a block leave period where you have to take leave between set dates. Until you know where you are going you won't know what their directives are.

Thank you. could book it and get insurance I've heard that it's a good idea but can't see insurance companies quoting soldiers as there is a high pos of cancellation of your hol

Thank you. could book it and get insurance I've heard that it's a good idea but can't see insurance companies quoting soldiers as there is a high pos of cancellation of your hol
I get insurance on every holiday I book. Being in the Army has never been an issue.

endure

GCM
I'd be careful with the insurance thing. If you know there's the possibility that your hol may be cancelled and you don't tell the insurance company when you buy the insurance then the insurance company may claim that you haven't given them all relevant facts and refuse to pay out.

Most insurance companies will not cover you if you have to cancel because your boss won't give you time off.

Latest Threads