Book signing of a Long Long War In Leeds

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by ugly, Jul 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Message from Ken Wharton;
    Guys

Please ignore this if Leeds is too far to travel.

Waterstones, Albion Street, Leeds are holding a presentation/talk/book signing night at 18:30 on Thursday 7 August.

I will be joined by two pivotal contributors to my first book - Darren Ware (RGJ) and Tommy Clarke (RCT) and the 16 minute video is worth watching. Any person buying a copy will receive a free copy of the video on the troubles . Please come along as I am also looking for contributions for the second book. If any of your mates want copies, please bring them along. We'll retire to a nearby pub for a pint afterwards, all except Darren who is a cop and is going back to go on night duty and catch some speeding motorists. (Just kidding, Darren)

All are welcome. If you need directions, see their website for branch details. http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayFindBranch.do

Edited to point out that its from Ken the author, I am merely the messenger.

2. Nowhere near so won't be there but I hope that it all goes well for you. It should do as Waterstones are a good book shop.

Better than the one I work for *grumble grumble*

3. Hi Ugly,
    I appreciate you are just the messenger but could you or Ken answer the following? (I'm thinking of going as Leeds is not too far away).

Who is/what is/what was Ken Wharton, what is the book called and is it just about the troubles?

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its a compilation of stories from persons who served there, ken was in the RGJ and served there as well. I have contributed as have many from my regiment. For some reason there are no or very few stories from Paras or Marines, the rub being that you are allowed anonymity!

5. J-D, Ugly thanks for your replies. I've just realised I'll be changing trains at Leeds on the 7th at about that time so a quick detour to Waterstones is now included before heading home.

Ugly - please check your PMs - thanks

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Done and done!