Book Pulished

Cynical

LE
Book Reviewer
I have recently published my book "The Dangerous World of Tommy Atkins" on Amazon. Written for the military novice and eschewing jargon, it explains what happens on a battlefield, how, when and why. It includes sections on the use of ground, direct and indirect fire weaponry, armoured warfare, command, organisation and even NBC.

The book is aimed at those contemplating a career in the Army and those who have soldiers in their family and want to better understand what they get up to.

Its available in kindle and paperback formats. The link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ix=the+dangerous+wor,aps,613&tag=armrumser-21
Price is £11.47 with no delivery to pay.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hope you have done a bit more proof reading than in the title to this thread! :rolleyes:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He is ex-donkey wallopers so allowed a little slack when playing with the grown-ups.

Hope you have done a bit more proof reading than in the title to this thread! :rolleyes:

You would hope so, wouldn't you.

Doesn't this qualify as spam?

Wouldn't the correct approach be to submit it to an ARRSE reviewer.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You would hope so, wouldn't you.

Doesn't this qualify as spam?

Wouldn't the correct approach be to submit it to an ARRSE reviewer.
He has done and I await a copy.

Without wishing any disrespect, but, if I'm not mistaken, you've been out of the Army since 1993.

The British Army has changed a lot since then.

Cynical

LE
Book Reviewer
Correct.
But the book is not about British Army for a start and I spent an awful lot of time in support of DERA (now DSTL/QinetiQ) and then in military simulation after leaving.
And I would argue that the realities of warfare change rather less quickly.
Feedback from those serving officers who have read it is positive.
No doubt the reviewer will be the judge.

Latest Threads