• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BOOK COMPETITON – BORN FEARLESS by Phil Campion

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is Phil Campion’s story, ex-infantry soldier, ex- SAS and mercenary. You have a chance to win one of 5 copies donated by the publisher. The entry form on Survey Monkey can be found here.
Born Fearless.jpg

This book has been reviewed by A2_Matelot and that review can be found here.

Just answer the three questions correctly and you will have the opportunity to own this book. read the questions before answering – they are simple but one will require a bit of searching on Google to come up with the solution – and I will be looking for the correct answer. Have a go and have a bit of fun. The competition will run until midday on Sunday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] October.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There was a slight typo in Question 2 which has now been sorted. I apologise for this and will review all answers to date. If it is wrong because of the typo then I will accept answers given.

ave just finished reading this book whilst on the bog and it came in very handy as there wint no bog paper. Honestly it a load of crap! at one point he says he doesn't shoot to miss and yet while driving up through the ' Don't come here white eyes or we'll kill you' mountain pass in the Ghan he shoots to miss.
He reckons he was in the gaza strip in ' Dir al Balla' at the only power station in Gaza. Well Dir al balla is actually spelt ' Dayr Al-Balah' and the power station is in Nuseirat which is to the north of Dayr Al-balah.
An he also seems to like going up against people that would chop yer head of armed with nothing more than a pair of pliers. I seriously doubt any of 'THEM' would even consider going where reckons to have gone, unarmed. If he wasn't so big I'd ask fr my money back. All in all I reckon he's writing under a nom de plume and his real name is 'Not so big Walt Anory'. oh I hope he doesn't come after me with his hampshire hammer.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Winners just be dranw by the guys at Flint Marketing, who kindly gave the prizes. In no particular oroder:

Sgtpepperband
WreckerL
Mogreby
terroratthepicnic
squeekingsapper

I will be emailing each for their names and addresses - probably tomorrow!

The Answers;

Q1 PWRR or Princess of Wales Royal Regiment
Q2 NVCG - National Volunteer Coast Guard
Q3 SSgt or CSgt (being from Inf) - accepted both

ave just finished reading this book whilst on the bog and it came in very handy as there wint no bog paper. Honestly it a load of crap! at one point he says he doesn't shoot to miss and yet while driving up through the ' Don't come here white eyes or we'll kill you' mountain pass in the Ghan he shoots to miss.
He reckons he was in the gaza strip in ' Dir al Balla' at the only power station in Gaza. Well Dir al balla is actually spelt ' Dayr Al-Balah' and the power station is in Nuseirat which is to the north of Dayr Al-balah.
An he also seems to like going up against people that would chop yer head of armed with nothing more than a pair of pliers. I seriously doubt any of 'THEM' would even consider going where reckons to have gone, unarmed. If he wasn't so big I'd ask fr my money back. All in all I reckon he's writing under a nom de plume and his real name is 'Not so big Walt Anory'. oh I hope he doesn't come after me with his hampshire hammer.
If you are in the vicinity of London, Mr C will be in Leadenhall Market at 18.30hrs on Wednesday evening. He's doing a book signing. I'm too 'sheepish' to give you the tavern details as I want to keep the number down to merely thousands.

Latest Threads