Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

This is Phil Campion’s story, ex-infantry soldier, ex- SAS and mercenary. You have a chance to win one of 5 copies donated by the publisher. The entry form on Survey Monkey can be found here.
    Born Fearless.jpg

This book has been reviewed by A2_Matelot and that review can be found here.

Just answer the three questions correctly and you will have the opportunity to own this book. read the questions before answering – they are simple but one will require a bit of searching on Google to come up with the solution – and I will be looking for the correct answer. Have a go and have a bit of fun. The competition will run until midday on Sunday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] October.
  2. HHH

HHH LE

Entered, I need to get back to winning ways !!
  3. Auld-Yin

There was a slight typo in Question 2 which has now been sorted. I apologise for this and will review all answers to date. If it is wrong because of the typo then I will accept answers given.
  4. ave just finished reading this book whilst on the bog and it came in very handy as there wint no bog paper. Honestly it a load of crap! at one point he says he doesn't shoot to miss and yet while driving up through the ' Don't come here white eyes or we'll kill you' mountain pass in the Ghan he shoots to miss.
    He reckons he was in the gaza strip in ' Dir al Balla' at the only power station in Gaza. Well Dir al balla is actually spelt ' Dayr Al-Balah' and the power station is in Nuseirat which is to the north of Dayr Al-balah.
    An he also seems to like going up against people that would chop yer head of armed with nothing more than a pair of pliers. I seriously doubt any of 'THEM' would even consider going where reckons to have gone, unarmed. If he wasn't so big I'd ask fr my money back. All in all I reckon he's writing under a nom de plume and his real name is 'Not so big Walt Anory'. oh I hope he doesn't come after me with his hampshire hammer.
  5. Auld-Yin

Winners just be dranw by the guys at Flint Marketing, who kindly gave the prizes. In no particular oroder:

I will be emailing each for their names and addresses - probably tomorrow!

The Answers;

Q1 PWRR or Princess of Wales Royal Regiment
    Q2 NVCG - National Volunteer Coast Guard
    Q3 SSgt or CSgt (being from Inf) - accepted both
  6. If you are in the vicinity of London, Mr C will be in Leadenhall Market at 18.30hrs on Wednesday evening. He's doing a book signing. I'm too 'sheepish' to give you the tavern details as I want to keep the number down to merely thousands.
    • Like Like x 1