Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book Competition - WATERLOO by Gordon Corrigan

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
To mark the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, we have three paperback copies of Gordon Corrigan's excellent book about Waterloo. The book has recently been released in paperback in time for this anniversary.

The competition can be found here: Waterloo

This competition will run until Sunday 28th June.

Corrigan's book has been reviewed, very favourably, on ARRSE by untallguy. The review can be found here: Waterloo Review.

waterloo.jpg

Entered... Hope springs etc

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Done, although I don't know why I bother!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ta, hope to read it.

Done. Ty.

squeekingsapper

LE
Kit Reviewer
Worth a bash, so I'm in

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought it was a damn fine effort by @Auld-Yin to give 15th a shout. Funnily enough my Facebook feed is all over LD at Waterloo. Nice to see HM King Abdullah turn up. Also a shame nobody told him we have moved on from the 1980s and don't cram the top of our Tw@t hats down until the badge looks at the floor. I wouldn't have either.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Having once or twice had a pint in the Ensign Ewart, I thought it was worth paying respect to the man by entering the competition.

(have learned over the years not to appear too keen for the book as then you're definitely out of the running when AY fixes, sorry, picks the winner)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Morning, have I won yet or has my entry "disappeared"?

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Who said that ?

Latest Threads