Book Competition : Traitor's Field

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, May 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Traitor's Field by Robert Wilton is set during the English Civil War (why they call it the English CW I don't know as it involved every country on the British Isles!!). It is a story of spies, ECW battles, intrigue; all set with the background of the ECW. The book has been well reviewed by ancienturion and that review can be read here.

The competition is for one of 3 copies of this book and can be entered in the usual manner by completing the Survey Monkey entry form.

Competition will run until Wednesday 29th May at about midday. Different from the usual Sunday but hey, let's make life that bit more interesting!

Traitors Field.jpg

Review

2. Done.
    Hopefully my study of the Civil War for A-Level History will have stood me in good stead.

3. Auld-Yin

I suppose the question is "Did you pass your A-Level History?"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oddly I found a Monty Python song helpful.

5. Auld-Yin

6. Auld-Yin

The Manner of Men has closed but this competition runs until Wednesday 29th May so still time for a go at winning a good summer read.

7. I'm confuddled.

Easy to do I know.

Questions answered, and I'm in the game whatever the closing date. :)

8. Auld-Yin

'Tis 29 May - there is no Wednesday 29th June this year>

9. Oh a tricky bit of potential ambiguity in this offering. I suppose it comes down to the tried and tested requirement to RTFQ.

10. Not happy with that tone.

You should have got it right, or at least 'arrsed my query with a bit of humour. I'm not Mystic Meg, nor have I the time (or inclination) to worry about the calendar/date/day/interface with regards to a competition.

Ignore my entry.

I'll buy it.

11. OoooOOOOOOOooohh

12. Auld-Yin

No "tone" intended, just the facts, folks, just the facts.

I am not going to ignore your entry, you have as much chance as anyone else and I wish you luck.

13. I'm not a troll, you know that, but the 'facts' are you confused the dates. That's the fact.

14. Auld-Yin

Which I amended as soon as you pointed it out to me so thanks for that. otherwise I am not that fussed and really it will run until such time as I feel like stopping it. This is just a bit of fun for a free book with a free entry, it is not at the top of my "the world is ending fears".

Enjoy the comps and by all means point out any mistakes, but it is nowt to make a big deal over.

15. I note that your edit is for reasons of 'mongness'.

Harmony is restored.

Best of luck with this excellent comp.