Book Competition - ROMMEL'S DESERT WARRIORS

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This competition is for the perfect ARRSE book - it is nearly all pictures!! 8) What it is though is a great pictorial depiction of the Deutchesafrikakorps in action and at rest. This book would be ideal for people interested in the desert warfare and also military modellers. For a chance to win one of four copies of this book just go to the entry form on Survey Monkey, complete the extremely simple questions correctly and you will be in with a shout.

The book review can be found here.

DAK.jpg

The competition will run until Sunday 24th March 2013.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
easy questions for a change

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Entered, just hope this dry patch I'm in regarding wining doesn't turn into a Desert!!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Entered, just hope this dry patch I'm in regarding wining doesn't turn into a Desert!!
Best stick to dining.

Possibly with a dessert.

The "Who took over from..." question does not have the right answer as an option. The bloke who took over immediately afterwards was only there for a couple of weeks mind....then there was another one....then one of the blokes suggested in the list of answers. [Pedant Off]

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The "Who took over from..." question does not have the right answer as an option. The bloke who took over immediately afterwards was only there for a couple of weeks mind....then there was another one....then one of the blokes suggested in the list of answers. [Pedant Off]
It is right, it's just sneaky, and I should win automatically for knowing that. The key is DAK (and I admit that I had to look it up 'cos I'd have said the other bloke too).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have just been called sneaky on Rum Ration and now the same here.............

...brill, I must be doing something right :batman:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I have just been called sneaky on Rum Ration and now the same here.............

...brill, I must be doing something right :batman:
Well it would make a change - why do you insist on calling me Former Frydman in the book reviews - is it some sort of Freudian reference to Scotland in reaction to an Anglo-Saxon word? I suppose I should be grateful I'm not Former Deep Fat Frydman. :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Jeez, 5 minutes in the Gang and he is complaining and moaning! :mrgreen:

Fixed now.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Auld_Yin is always right it's in the Rules

Yes. But I think the general thrust of the question was the answer offered, even though it puzzled me for a while. It was good refreshing my reading trying to find the answer, though. An enjoyable 20 minutes.

are you sure you're reading the question properly? When he took over the newly formed Panzer Group Africa one of those listed as an answer took over the Africa Corp, which is what the question was asking

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Competitions 43
Auld-Yin Competitions 27
Auld-Yin Competitions 17