Book Competition - Pot Luck August 2018

Completely forgotten about this part of the site so it means I haven't won anything in ages, so must be due a prize!
I'll tell you what, I'll send you a book, whilst you can let me 'win' some free dental treatment - I need a couple of fillings and am not letting an Afghan dentist anywhere near my gob.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Entered, but only because I was bored, not an attempt to win anything.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'll tell you what, I'll send you a book, whilst you can let me 'win' some free dental treatment - I need a couple of fillings and am not letting an Afghan dentist anywhere near my gob.
Send your teeth in a padded envelope, I'll fill them and return them to you

Send your teeth in a padded envelope, I'll fill them and return them to you
Cheers, which tool would work best to remove the upper second molars on both sides, a set of pipe grips or a Leatherman Wave?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Cheers, which tool would work best to remove the upper second molars on both sides, a set of pipe grips or a Leatherman Wave?
You should be fine with a standard flat screwdriver blade used as a lever. Grips tend to put too much pressure on and damage the teeth.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well that is this competition closed and winners chosen, they are:

@455WG
@Cutaway
@Dredd
@Sumo
@Commander_Vimes

Emails have gone to the victims lucky winners and I hope for an early response.

Answers
Q1, Up until 1970, pubs in Ireland, being highly religious, closed on St Paddy's Day!

Q2 Feeding oregano to cows reduces their methane output by up to 50%

Q3 Phil the Greek is the one who uses 'cabbage' and 'sausage' as endearments for his wife, HMQ.

And there we have it. Another one under the belt and no doubt I will now come in for calls for a knighthood or some such honour from the usual suspects! :mad:

Well that is this competition closed and winners chosen, they are:

@455WG
@Cutaway
@Dredd
@Sumo
@Commander_Vimes

Emails have gone to the victims lucky winners and I hope for an early response.

Answers
Q1, Up until 1970, pubs in Ireland, being highly religious, closed on St Paddy's Day!

Q2 Feeding oregano to cows reduces their methane output by up to 50%

Q3 Phil the Greek is the one who uses 'cabbage' and 'sausage' as endearments for his wife, HMQ.

And there we have it. Another one under the belt and no doubt I will now come in for calls for a knighthood or some such honour from the usual suspects! :mad:

FIX!!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't know how I managed to win a competition I didn't enter?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Oh really? And I don't know how you were picked from a competition with your details and email address entered!!! Methinks you doth protest too much.

Oh really? And I don't know how you were picked from a competition with your details and email address entered!!! Methinks you doth protest too much.
I'm not protesting - I'm simply telling you I didn't enter the competion. I don't know how my details were entered as I haven't logged on here for months, I also haven't had any email from you saying I'd won anything.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't know how I managed to win a competition I didn't enter?

OK, quick question. There is a long standing poster called Sumo on Rum Ration. If that is you then fine, if not and we have two users with the same name over two sites, then you ain't won and the post is not for you - OK?:p

OK, quick question. There is a long standing poster called Sumo on Rum Ration. If that is you then fine, if not and we have two users with the same name over two sites, then you ain't won and the post is not for you - OK?:p
It's pronounced "Sumo", but spelt "K R A Z Y _ I V A N" - capiché?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Clink on your link for @Sumo and it comes up with the one on here, not the RR one.
Oh, and just because I said I expected not to win, it doesn't mean that I didn't want to win!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Clink on your link for @Sumo and it comes up with the one on here, not the RR one.
Oh, and just because I said I expected not to win, it doesn't mean that I didn't want to win!
Some users are in both sites using that same username. I now know there are two Sumos, which is pretty scary!

Second part noted :thumright: