Book Competition January #2 - ELITE!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Jan 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

ELITE! is a book written by Floyd Woodrow and Simon Acland which aims to help people develop their potential, especially in leadership. Woodrow served for many years starting with the Parachute Regiment before he passed selection and became one of the youngest SAS soldiers at the age of 22. He brings in this book a lot of advice based on his experience and knowledge. For a chance to win a copy of this book just go to the entry form on Survey Monkey and complete the very simple questions. There are 5 copies of this book available as prizes.

The competition will run until Sunday 27th January 2013.

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Am in, not that I need it, my leadership potential is already well developed!
  4. Auld-Yin

Bump - just 24 hours left to enter this competition.
  5. Auld-Yin

Competition now closed and what an interesting result we have. More than half the entries had at least one question incorrect - just not reading the question correctly and then poor research! However there are plenty who did answer all 3 questions correctly and they have been drawn as follows (Note these numbers are randomly picked using a number generator site - just before shouts of "Fix" are heard reverberating round the sites ):blowkiss: The winners are:

• Bad CO
    • Sluice-dweller
    • Fairy Nuff
    • rebbonk
    • Commander_Vimes

I will be emailing the winners for their addresses. Please respond quickly as delays by one holds up the book for everyone.

1: Floyd Woodrow's final army rank A = Major

2: What Op did he win his DCM? A = Op GRANBY

3: Simon Acland's first novel? : A = The Waste Land
  6. Yeah I've won a book!
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yeah, didn't win again!
  8. arrived today, signed copy thanks