Book Competition - HANDSOME BRUTE

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Apr 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Contrary to popular belief, this is not a competition about me! It is though a chance to win a copy of the book HANDSOME BRUTE dealing with the conman and murderer Neville Heath. The competition can be accessed through Survey Monkey here.

The competition will run until Sunday 21 April

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

3. Auld-Yin

41.2% are not reading the questions properly before answering!! Remember in all cases RTFQ. Still better for those that did read before answering.

4. Auld-Yin

Saturday bump for this competition. Interestingly, since giving the warning above to Read The F****** Question the % incorrect answers has risen to nearly 50%. Good for those who took the time to read and understand the question, not so good for the quick-draw McGraw types.

Have a go, this is an interesting book about an extremely devious character.

5. Auld-Yin

Sorry for the delay in publishing winners etc but had to check something with the publisher first. The winners of this competition are:

• stokers-plaything
    • padme
    • sgtpepperband (again!)
    • C.J.
    • Bamboozle

I will be contacting these guys to get their names and addresses from them so the books can be sent out. As ever two weeks to claim or the prize goes elsewhere.

The answers are:

Q1 - How many murders was Heath tried & convicted of: Answer = One - as I said read the question. From wiki "Although Heath was charged with Doreen’s murder, his subsequent trial and execution related only to his earlier murder of Margery Gardner." Committed two but only tried for one.

Q2 - When was the last hanging in Pentonville A = 1961

Q3 - What air force did Heath get a commission in Answer = South African Air Force

There is another comp currently on the go called Pot Luck which is to get a surprise copy of one of the books sent to me by publishers and which is gathering dust on my bookshelf. Have a go and you will have the chance of a great book.