• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

book Comp - WALLS OF BYZANTIUM

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Set in the hey-day of Venice when the Republic of Venice ruled over half the Mediterranean this novel journeys through the tempestuous times of the 15th Century when Christianity was pitted against Islam. Cracking novel for your summer reading, the review can be found by clicking the logo below.

Competition can be entered on the Survey Monkey form which can be found by clicking here.

The competition will run until Sunday 18th August.

Ok its not a DVD but I have entered in the full knowledge my 100% sucess rate in the competions for wining things must count for something. Eh?Eh?Eh?

Not going to win this am I?

Thought not.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You are all doing very well on Qs 1 & 3 but on Q2 74% have come up with the wrong answer. Wikipedia can be confusing and you have to ask it the correct question to arrive at the correct answer!

If you want to have a chance of winning, have a look again and try to re-do the competition, if you can.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The winners of this book are:
SJRM_RN
shiny_arrse
naked_mole_rat
Miner
Emails have gone to them for their details so I can get the book forwarded from the publisher.

Answers:

Q1 - The Varangian Guards were mainly : Vikings

Q2 - The considered original name for Istanbul was : Lygos (not Byzantium which came much later)

Q3 - Symbol of the Rep of Venice is: The Winged Lion

Auld-Yin,

Apologies, I am on holiday and only got WiFi access to keep my teenage daughter happy,I have responded to your email request for contact details.

CanteenCowboy,

I would be happy to post the book on to you once I have read it, will PM for contact details once I have finished it.

Shiny

Latest Threads