Book Comp: At The Going Down Of The Sun

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Quite a sad, yet uplifting book about the lives of 20 young men and women who lost their lives in Afghanistan. A timely reminder for us during the commemorations for the Anniversary of The Great War, that British Soldiers are still conducting their duties in dangerous and difficult times. This book is certainly worth reading.

The competition can be entered through Survey Monkey here.

Closing date for this competition is 14 December 2014

At the going down.jpg

Review can be found here.​

This is a good, well written book which handles a very difficult subject extremely well and although a sad read, it is one that is well worthwhile.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ta.

HHH

GCM
Entered.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Done. Entered. Completed. Come on Auld Yin, I need a Christmas pressie for my dad.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sounds a thoughtful read.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Competition now closed and the winners are:

janner : Alioen FTM : redmonkey : terroratthepicnic : denzh

Emails have been sent to them for their details - early response would be appreciated.

Answers:

Q1 - the 2nd Afghan War ended with the Treaty of Gandamack

Q2 - after Maiwand the British Army no longer carried their Colours into battle

Q3 - the Boundary Line agreed in 1893 is the Durand Line

Early response, early efing response, I used to believe in the white bearded wonder, hoping, just hoping he might respond so I might retire to my shed once the hoard of locusts called my in-laws descend upon me for crimbo nosh up, but, no, yet again,

Memo to self: set booby traps, and Tyson loose 23rd, give Tyson orders, "this time, kill em don't fcukng lick em to death!,,

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sorry , cutaway, my comment about sheds was deleted due to me being a mong and posting something in the wrong forum.
Still be nice to have a shed competition for somewhere nice and quiet at this time if year.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Safely arrived. Cheers mucker.

Latest Threads