Book British VCs of WW2 by John Laffin-H4H Auction.

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by spasticus, Aug 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a hardback copy of Brititish VC's of WW2 by John Laffin,258 pages,published in 1997 and complete with dust jacket. To quote from the introduction "In British VC's of WW2 John Laffin looks at each gallant deed that led to the award of a VC in the context of the war and the land,sea or air campaign in which it was won". The book includes photos of many VC recipients and has citation extracts for all 106 VC's awarded during WW2.

The book was donated to the reference section of my local library but they obviously didn't appreciate it as it was put in the library sale,fortunately a friend who works there put it to one side for me. Coming from the reference section it is not covered in ink stamps and none of the pages are stuck together with snot,there is some light shelf wear to the jacket and the library sale stamp inside the front cover.

I think this would make a fitting item for a H4H Auction. Please can we start the bidding at £1 and the auction will run until 22.00hrs on bank holiday Monday.

2. Thank you Carlos!
  3. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

Has this ended, spasticus ?

And if so, congratulations, Carlos. :)
  4. Congratulations Carlos.....wish I'd seen this earlier
  5. Cheers, and I have paypaled the money to H4H.