Book 'Basic Battle Skills' plus Range Guide edition 1973

In this auction you can bid for the book 'Basic Battle Skills' + 'Range Guide - edition 1973'.

These books weren't available to the public, but were issued to soldiers serving at the time.

Both are in good condition.

1basicbattleskills 3.jpg 1basicbattleskills 1.jpg 1basicbattleskills 2.jpg

Auction will end Monday, 11th of November, 20:00 UK time.

Thank you for your support !

By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you approve tacitly to the Auction Rules.​

15 englisch Pounds!........lost my copy years ago!

My father has a copy of this knocking around somewhere, issued in the 80s - I used to read it avidly as a cadet. Be suspicious of strangers or casual aquaintences who ask you questions about your unit's activites. Report it at once to your Unit Security Officer..... USO must have been a thankless job! If I can find it and he doesn't want it still, you're welcome to it YIM.

My father has a copy of this knocking around somewhere, issued in the 80s - I used to read it avidly as a cadet. Be suspicious of strangers or casual aquaintences who ask you questions about your unit's activites. Report it at once to your Unit Security Officer..... USO must have been a thankless job! If I can find it and he doesn't want it still, you're welcome to it YIM.
Sorry I missed your post, Bryan.

That's a very kind offer. :)

Please get in touch by PM, if your father doesn't want it anymore.

years back i was working at kineton just after gw1,one of the atos told me they found the same stuff in arabic left behind when saddams lads legged it.

That's sort of strange ...

A bit more information about these items:

The book 'Basic Battle Skills' was issued in 1976 at JLR RCT
and the Range Guide was issued in the late 70's in Germany to the generous donor Mr. DB216LKDVR. :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
ANd entirely unrelated - the Former Chopper Fixer could remember a large amount of the content!

In this auction you can bid for the book 'Basic Battle Skills' + 'Range Guide - edition 1973'.

These books weren't available to the public, but were issued to soldiers serving at the time.

Both are in good condition.

View attachment 144492 View attachment 144493 View attachment 144494

Auction will end Monday, 11th of November, 20:00 UK time.

Thank you for your support !

By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you approve tacitly to the Auction Rules.​
1973? Still getting issued in 87!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Today I saw........... my Nephew's grave in Tidworth Military Cemetery. He died just minutes old.
25 years ago now, but no matter how many times I see that, the air gets suddenly very dusty.
Money does not equal riches. Seeing my daughter grow up does.

Oh, I digress. I've got Survive to Fight, Protect and Survive, and Third World War as well. My Home is a virtual library of redundant cold war literature!

I find that era fascinating, and I am desperately trying to get access to an old nuclear bunker near me that is now used as a secure data storage bunker. I just wanna take some pics. It's under an old white bungalow guardroom, and is apparently three stories deep.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If you live anywhere near Hack Green n Cheshire, you could visit a nuclear bunker. it's a very interesting day out. When I went my son was only 12and therefore not allowed into some of the exhibits as they were deemed too shocking for the under 18s. Odd really as I seem to recall being under 18 when living through the Cold War.