Boo hoo, I have a poorly thumb...

I've heard the texting theory before, but seriously, how much can one strain one's thumb by texting? Unless one has a good old fashioned fone where you have to press the number 4 four times to get an S.

(I must admit I do miss the old phone where I could do everything with one hand!)

Bravo Bravo's diagnosis is to stop texting immediately, and stick your thumb up your bottom for at least 23 hours per day........

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
know in the trade as "strummers thumb" you are are bird?
if not then "******* palsy", hth

disclaimer for insurance reasons
I am not a doctor.

Er, … what trade?

Oh, you mean the oldest profession? Must be counting out all those farthings ...

Your Right thumb you say ,
Using a soft faced deadblow hammer smack the thumb on your Left hand hard, wont cure it but
you wont worry about the pain in your Right thumb any more

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It really smarts like you have no idea.

Breathes there a man with soul so dead
Who never to himself has said
As he stubbed his toe against the bed …...

but I don't really want to bother my GP unless it becomes a serious

SWMBO says that depending what the problem is, doing that may make the problem harder to treat later so see your GP at the earliest.

As it's a serious thread, I'll assume you want a serious answer.
Arthritis.
I speak as someone sporting two hands worth of swollen thumbs that used to be fingers. Now I struggle opening a ziplock bag, ffs.
Try some ibuprofen for a few days. If that doesn't work, some CBD oil which works for me sometimes.
Console yourself with the fact that it only gets worse.

Happy to help.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
As it's a serious thread, I'll assume you want a serious answer.
Arthritis.
I speak as someone sporting two hands worth of swollen thumbs that used to be fingers. Now I struggle opening a ziplock bag, ffs.
Try some ibuprofen for a few days. If that doesn't work, some CBD oil which works for me sometimes.
Console yourself with the fact that it only gets worse.

Happy to help.

Thanks for sensible reply, and sorry to hear you have biff fingers, as well as being a general biff. :)

Does exercising help or make things worse?

I've got a question to ask regarding pros and cons of having a hip operation but dont know where to post it. Can we piggy back this thread? Or does someone have a linky thing?

TIA

I'm having ongoing pain issues with my hip/back (long story). Anyway I had a phone consultation with my doctor the other day when he asked me if I had "pooed my self recently". I paused and said I would check...Went into the bathroom for a good echo, put the phone down and shouted against the opposite wall "ho jesus, ho christ, what a mess,ho the smell....Picked up the phone again and said NO but the pain is still there. He upped the co-codimol dose.

The only really impressive thing to do in this type of situation is to go to one’s shed and amputate the offending limb yourself with whatever rudimentary tools you have to hand.

Like this chap News: Aron Ralston Amputate his own Arm
snip "With no water and as little hope of survival, Aspen mountaineer Aron Ralston, 27, used a pocketknife to amputate his own arm and free himself from a boulder weighing 800-1,000 pounds that fell and trapped him for five days in a remote desert canyon in eastern Utah."

It is a repetitive strain issue. I have similar in my shoulder since I have to spend half my life on the sofa with the broken leg up. Some days the shoulder hurts more from typing than the leg does from doing its best to convince someone it should be chopped off at the knee.
Chopped off at the knee! That's a bit severe.
Will you keep the bit above the knee? Or the bit below?

Latest Threads