Bonuses

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by plant_life, Mar 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a big bone of contenion for me and was wondering if anybody out there can give me a decent answer. Why does it take so long for bonuses to be registered and then get paid in. I spoke to a clerk and explained that all the bonuses due in the army in each month were sent off once a month. If your due date was a day after tough shi'ite. The paper work went from Glasgow to Worthy Down, Worthy Down to unit, unit to Glasgow and then Glasgow to Worthy Down!! Is there a reason for this arrse about face way of doing things? My wife is an HR manager with a large company with 15000 employees all over the country. She explained to me that if one of the employees was getting a bonus their line manager would fax the HR client centre, the HR client centre would process the claim in about 10 minutes, it might take longer to confirm larger amounts but it still wouldn't take much more than an hour, fax pay roll who would then action the claim. Money would be paid in within a week. This company has about 20 HR personnel to look after 15000 people and they can still get it right. Why does it take Glasgow months to do this when it could be so easy? I waited 4 months for my 5 year money and it looks like I could be waiting about the same for my 8 year money (got to love serving a good few months before you are 18). If I ran a poll I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people have had the same problems. No wonder pay and pensions is being moved to Bath!!
    Rant over

2. at least you'll get yours without a 2 year restriction! seems that due to JPA coming in around april anyone who qualifies for a 5/8 year bonus now has to serve 2 years more as opposed to just the one.

nice of em to change my terms of service willy nilly like that.

3. All 5/8 year FRI bonus forms are computer generated on the first Friday of each month. Therefore if you qualified for your bonus after the first friday of the month, you have another month to wait for the paperwork to arrive in your unit. They are sent out with the unit paystatements on a monthly basis. You are then required to sign it and once posted to APC, it normally takes no longer than 2/3 weeks for payment to hit your account. So you could be one of the unlucky ones who need to wait nearly 7/8weeks from your qualifying date until you receive your money.

The rules on bonuses are changing on rollout to JPA, your unit admin clerks should be delivering briefs in the next couple of months.

4. Or you could be one of the ones that had to wait over 8 months :(

5. At least you got one - for all us lucky ones that joined the back end of '89, the bonuses were stopped and then restarted the back end of '90. Not that I'm bitter!!

6. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

I am it still bugs the sh1t out of me that one!

however still smiling.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:

7. ditto. sneaky backstabbing lying cheating f*cking b*stards. :)

8. i was lucky i got one of them but missed out on another :p :p :p :p

9. Only reason I got mine was because the wife worked in RHQ and hassled the Chief Clerk and Pay Office daily - they kept trying to tell her I wasn't entitled 8O That was really stupid of them trying to tell a wife they can't have money they are entitled to. Yeah I know it was my bonus but as all you married guys know what's yours is theirs :cry:

10. Cooperman wrote

unfortunately only too well my friend :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: