Bonus paid to js who introduce someone who then signs up

Please dont give me flack. My son is under the impression that if a friend passes through selection etc. and signs up to the same reg, he will be entitled to a little bonus. Could someone put him (me) right or wrong on this please. And I am asking nicely.

Im afraid its a No

;
Nope, but if a serving soldier 'recruits' someone, and they get through basic training, (not necessarily same regt), then the soldier will be entitled to a cash bounty. If the soldier knows someone personally they can split the money.

I think the amount of the cash bounty depends on the Corp, determined by the Director of each Corp as it comes out of their budget.

sarge_massage_my_passage said:
;
Nope, but if a serving soldier 'recruits' someone, and they get through basic training, (not necessarily same regt), then the soldier will be entitled to a cash bounty. If the soldier knows someone personally they can split the money.

I think the amount of the cash bounty depends on the Corp, determined by the Director of each Corp as it comes out of their budget.
Where is this written down????

I dont think this is right mate?

MSI64 said:
sarge_massage_my_passage said:
;

Where is this written down????

I dont think this is right mate?
I know it used to be the case, about 10 years ago. There was such a thing as a Commited Recruit card. The applicant had the details of the recruiter on this card, and handed it in to the careers office. The recruiter had a part aswell, and could use it to claim around 250 sheets once the applicant had completed phase 1 training. I know that when I was in phase 2, I only got my choice of regiment due to the fact I had one of these from a friend.
As best I know this has now been discontinued, but I am aware of certain unit recruiting teams (1SG for one) that can still claim a bounty once one of their applicants makes it to the battalion. This is certainly not Army wide though.

1down5togo said:
Please dont give me flack. My son is under the impression that if a friend passes through selection etc. and signs up to the same reg, he will be entitled to a little bonus. Could someone put him (me) right or wrong on this please. And I am asking nicely.
I remember in the mid 90s an infantry unit had a commited recrut scheme and you got £200 if some one you intraduced to the ACIO passed out of phase 2 training. Not sure where the money came from if it was regimental money or if it was a standard thing

Dave

1down5togo said:

Like we would?!?! :p

My brother has been in the army now 6 years, if i say he 'recruited' me would we oops i mean he get the bonus? :p

p.s i tried to flick the fly off hinecaps avatar :(

;

It definitely is the case in the Royal Logistic Corps, because 2 years ago they had a massive whinge about not a single person being recruited through these means!!! It's £250. I'll try and find a link

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
kez89 said:
anyone know for sure if this still happens ?
The HAC definitely still do this but I think it is probably an incentive introduced by the regiment and not the Army/TA in general.

My mate who 'introduced' me got £200 after I passed recruits course.
Tight fucker still hasn't bought me a pint for it!