Bono

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_STAB, Mar 29, 2007.

?
  1. A dedicated campaigner for humanitarian causes who puts the welfare of the poor before his own finan

2.0%
  2. A gob on a stick who gets other people to pay for humanitarian campaigns whilst building his own par

91.1%
  3. Neither

6.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bono has been awarded an Honorary Knighthood.

Will "big-timing attention-seeking hand-wringing hypocritical cnut" be an acceptable alternative?

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

My favourite story about Bono. A U2 concert, getting towards the end, and the music drops out to leave a bass line and a bit of percussion. Bono stands at the mike, clapping his hands with the beat, and says:

'Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies'

Voice from the crowd:

'Well stop fucking doing it then!'

3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

With a name like a sub-standard brand of dog-food, who is the canute anyway? Hopefully I know absolutely nothing about him, and would like to keep it that way.

I suspect he's a "Pop God" seeking a "higher meaning" to his life. A proper job might be a start, if that's the case.

4. Funny nobody has voted yes yet,
    ...now take those stupid glasses off

5. I wish he would bog off and give all his money to third world debt, and stop moaning to us about it. What a cnut

6. its always easy to ,,give to africa,,,when your ,a bluddy multi milloionare
    and he gets the tax back,,,,irish arrse...

7. blue-sophist

Keep knighting the Irish ... you know it makes sense.

Geldork, Bonio ... it's be Lord Adams of Semtex next.

8. Ba-dum-tish

If it wasn't for Bono,God bless him,I'd have no idea about poverty in Africa,least of all that it's a bad thing.

9. Who is Bono, and what has he done to get an honorary K?

I think we should be told.

10. blue-sophist

So you knew nothing about poverty in Africa? How are you enjoying moving to this planet? Have you heard of Idi Amin and Mr. Mugabe yet? They're very interesting people.

They are Africans, and caused it. Along with Nyrere, Kenyatta, and several other I can't spell ...

11. b_s, I think our generation gap is showing here . . . . .

But even so - for someone not to know about Amin, Mugabe et al!!

12. Always admired the man. Lovely hair.

13. Hmm. All very well. I heard aid for Africa being described as "poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries". It was a very nice Mercedes I saw Mugabe being driven in last night. Our national guilt complex being addressed again. Bollocks to Sir Bonio.

14. blue-sophist

Bono?
    Mugabe?
    Kenyatta?
    Abu Disko della Watneys?

15. i wouldnt mind giving money to africa,, or any were else for that matter,,,if the money got to the people its ment to...christ all the money bandbobaids plowed into the place and its still the same...