BONO

just bean reading in the paper that bono of U2 fame made a cool 1.5 billion dollars when his shares in face book
were floated on the stock exchange, the band also moved their entire operation to holland so they pay a lower tax on their
earnings.
this is coming from a fellah that flys around the world gibbering about africa an poverty and debt
is it me or is this a piss take on bonos behalf? hes now like something sasha baron cohen would make a film about
none of us over here can stand the ****** and people outside ireland dont understand why...

He hasn't made anything like that much, and it's a well known fact that he's a creature.
IIRC he owns 1.3% of the company that made $1.5 billion. But he is a f*cking c*nt

Oh, this isn't the NAAFI so I cant be too rude. Bono - C***~

Bono's stocks are however Class B stock. Right now a share of Class B stock has the same value as Class A as far as interest in the company but a Class B share has ten times the voting rights as a Class A share so it has significantly more value to one seeking to control the company.

I think that we can leave Africa to Bono and give to the rest of the world, except, perhaps, India.

In 2005 I went to the Edinburgh Live 8 concert and endured a 45 minute speech by him telling us to give up all our money to help the starving millions.
The next morning, whilst doing some sight-seeing down Princes Street, half the road is blocked off as he emerges from the Balmoral Hotel and steps into a stretch limo.
I'd like to bet the money spent on a room in that hotel for one night would have fed a few poor unfortunates for a couple of months. Can't see him staying the the University Halls like we did somehow.

Another Paddy Champagne do-gooder, along the lines of St Robert. Very quick to tell me to give money, and pay taxes, while making damn sure as little as possible escapes his gravitational pull.

Possibly apocryphal story; at a concert in Dublin, he stopped dead halfway through a song, and slowly began to clap his hands, as he did so he announced in pulpit like tones,

'Each time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies!'

Voice from the back

'Well, stop feckin' clapping!'

Non story, the man is, as has already been said many times, a **** of the very highest order.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
evil belly:4411603 said:
just bean reading in the paper that bono of U2 fame made a cool 1.5s billion dollars when his shares in face book
were floated on the stock exchange, the band also moved their entire operation to holland so they pay a lower tax on their
earnings.
this is coming from a fellah that flys around the world gibbering about africa an poverty and debt
is it me or is this a piss take on bonos behalf? hes now like something sasha baron cohen would make a film about
none of us over here can stand the ****** and people outside ireland dont understand why...
In reference to your last line. I beg to differ.

Another Paddy Champagne do-gooder, along the lines of St Robert. Very quick to tell me to give money, and pay taxes, while making damn sure as little as possible escapes his gravitational pull.

Possibly apocryphal story; at a concert in Dublin, he stopped dead halfway through a song, and slowly began to clap his hands, as he did so he announced in pulpit like tones,

'Each time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies!'

Voice from the back

'Well, stop feckin' clapping!'
Happened at a concert in Scotland, mucker.

When I saw the title to this thread - 'BONO' - I assumed the OP meant Sonny - and he's dead, thinking there might be some juicy revelations about his relationship with Cher (sadly now an aging gay icon though in my day a loin twitchingly fetching slut) I read on, what a waste of time.

I can't help thinking this entire facebook IPO thing will only end in tears for a lot of investors.

In 2005 I went to the Edinburgh Live 8 concert and endured a 45 minute speech by him telling us to give up all our money to help the starving millions.
The next morning, whilst doing some sight-seeing down Princes Street, half the road is blocked off as he emerges from the Balmoral Hotel and steps into a stretch limo.
I'd like to bet the money spent on a room in that hotel for one night would have fed a few poor unfortunates for a couple of months. Can't see him staying the the University Halls like we did somehow.
Bono is the most hypercritical cnut I know of , I remember him ranting on about how the Western world should write off third world debt , all very good except us tax payers own that money and could do with it now! , if he sold up and donated everything except say 1/2 a mil I may have time for him otherwise I hope he dies , soon.

he bought a penthouse apartment in the renovated dockland in dublin
just around the corner from the windmill lane recording studios
paid a million and a bit for it
and then complained that some skudger had moored his floating slum
at the dock below his pad
and was paying 10 quid a week berthing fee to look up at him

Well I think Bonio deserves his hard earned cash and at all the (3) concerts that I have been forced by my other half to sit through whilst he mews on about saving the planet/africa/stopping debt/that chinky lass who was in prison in her house... I have found him both engaging and relevant, a real inspiration to all aspiring money grabbing three chord fuckwits and shitpipes out there....
You like him, don't you?

I can't help thinking this entire facebook IPO thing will only end in tears for a lot of investors.
The words "dot com" and "bubble" spring to mind.

Rodney2q

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EX_STAB The Intelligence Cell 52
58_Pattern The Intelligence Cell 31
WEATHERMAN1956 The NAAFI Bar 8