BONO

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by evil belly, May 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just bean reading in the paper that bono of U2 fame made a cool 1.5 billion dollars when his shares in face book
    were floated on the stock exchange, the band also moved their entire operation to holland so they pay a lower tax on their
    earnings.
    this is coming from a fellah that flys around the world gibbering about africa an poverty and debt
    is it me or is this a piss take on bonos behalf? hes now like something sasha baron cohen would make a film about
    none of us over here can stand the ****** and people outside ireland dont understand why...

2. He hasn't made anything like that much, and it's a well known fact that he's a creature.

3. IIRC he owns 1.3% of the company that made $1.5 billion. But he is a f*cking c*nt

4. Oh, this isn't the NAAFI so I cant be too rude. Bono - C***~

5. Bono's stocks are however Class B stock. Right now a share of Class B stock has the same value as Class A as far as interest in the company but a Class B share has ten times the voting rights as a Class A share so it has significantly more value to one seeking to control the company.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think that we can leave Africa to Bono and give to the rest of the world, except, perhaps, India.

7. In 2005 I went to the Edinburgh Live 8 concert and endured a 45 minute speech by him telling us to give up all our money to help the starving millions.
    The next morning, whilst doing some sight-seeing down Princes Street, half the road is blocked off as he emerges from the Balmoral Hotel and steps into a stretch limo.
    I'd like to bet the money spent on a room in that hotel for one night would have fed a few poor unfortunates for a couple of months. Can't see him staying the the University Halls like we did somehow.

8. Another Paddy Champagne do-gooder, along the lines of St Robert. Very quick to tell me to give money, and pay taxes, while making damn sure as little as possible escapes his gravitational pull.

Possibly apocryphal story; at a concert in Dublin, he stopped dead halfway through a song, and slowly began to clap his hands, as he did so he announced in pulpit like tones,

'Each time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies!'

Voice from the back

'Well, stop feckin' clapping!'

• Like Like x 1
  9. Non story, the man is, as has already been said many times, a **** of the very highest order.

10. Ok, he is a knob. Got a well fit daughter though - and before you ask, wouldn't have a clue how to post linky thing.

11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

In reference to your last line. I beg to differ.

12. OK I'll do it for you.

[​IMG]

I'd no idea Bono and Joan Bakewell were stepping out.

13. 'Brevity is the soul of wit'

You are Oscar Wilde, and I claim my £5.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks Van. Could probably do it at home but as I'm on DII, no simple task is easy and it won't even let me follow your link!

15. Happened at a concert in Scotland, mucker.

When I saw the title to this thread - 'BONO' - I assumed the OP meant Sonny - and he's dead, thinking there might be some juicy revelations about his relationship with Cher (sadly now an aging gay icon though in my day a loin twitchingly fetching slut) I read on, what a waste of time.

I can't help thinking this entire facebook IPO thing will only end in tears for a lot of investors.