Bongo Bongo Land ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Aug 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No Idea but the Fukarewe tribe live there!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Another politician in deep doo-doo for telling nothing less than the truth.

I remember back a few years reading a report about the arrival of around a hundred big trucks in one of these wasteland African nations, each one loaded to the roof with food. I remember seeing them offloaded onto the quayside on the news, and remember seeing them, the next day, on their axles androbbed of any easily removable parts, and their precious food cargoes on sale in the local markets...

tac

• Like Like x 7
  3. Truly magnificent epic fail on his part. At what point did the Emperor have a word with him. Whilst writing the speech, once it had been reviewed, just before he went on?
    EM (for it is he) "Go on my son. Say this and you will truly have them eating out of your hand. Dont worry nobody ever record these sorts of event incase anyone says or does something that may offend"
    Godfrey Bloom UKIP MEP (for how long?) " Ok seems a reasonable use of a phrse most people have heard"
    EM "Mmmmwwwaaaahhhaaa"

• Like Like x 2
  4. [​IMG]

The Wabenzi tribe won't like it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. IIRC, the late Alan Clark, first used the phrase in the 1980s...

6. Just Guardian pouncing on a relatively minor gaffe. I think he was referring to an imaginary country so that he wouldn't get accused of finger pointing, then of course he does finger point. Ah well....

Just shows that this specious publication cannot argue with his point, just with the slightly less than elegant way he put it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is it's capital Fuzzywuzzyville?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Job, may I venture, jobbed.

• Like Like x 3
  9. It (or something very like it) was common in the 1950s, and probably well before that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Didn't Phil the Greek use this terminology at some point in the past?

(anybody else get the 'Sending Money to India' advert at the top of their page?).

11. [​IMG]

Bunga Bunga land surely???....I should know....I used to rule it!

• Like Like x 3
  12. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

If he's referring to Gabon in west Africa, its official title is "Bongo & Son Land".

13. For a start off there is Zimbabwe, Argentina, Pakistan, Somalia, Venezuela to name but a few………. Feel free to add to the list.

Yes, I am non-PC and do not give a flying one. Now who else can I aggravate?

• Like Like x 7