Bone Question - AAC Beret Patch

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Glorious Groundie, Mar 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably been asked before, but couldnt find anything on the search,

why do we wear the dark blue/black patch on the aac beret?

heard numerous bollocks reasons and never seen anybody wear it when attached to another unit and wearing a different coloured beret

2. Because the AAC beret is uber homo, and any bit of material that may help detract from the awfully gay colour is a winner.

Charlie Sheen said so.

3. Fair one, cant argue with that really

kinda crap colour too for what we do

hell anything!!!!

4. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Its not a crap colour, the beret is awesome and a sign of large plums.

It only gets spoilt when you add crappy cap badges to it, like Loggies, REMEs, Padres and other homo outfits who should keep their own puffy head dress.

I've been out many many moons, but I still wear mine for work with my Tron outfit and highly bulled 5 inch stilletoes.

5. Face it.....it's 'baby blue' which is about as homo as it gets this side of 'oriental blossom pink'!

6. Porridge_gun

Its powder blue......... which is latin for sex god

7. Such a cool job. Those magnificent men on their flying machines, eeerrrrr, have you seen the beret, oh dear, think I'll join the Rifles. Cool job and a really cool beret as well!!

8. Porridge_gun

Cool as in 'its the same colour as the scouts?'

The falling plates aren't cool, the closest they got to cool was murdering that Danish chick and making off in a Mini Moke.

9. And ironically become Prisoners, sans Portmeirion!

10. Get your facts right about the falling plates sunshine. And, get some time in on the streets before you use derogatory terms about squaddies from any mob who have walked the streets.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Even the word 'powder' summons images of hot baths, fluffy towels, granny talc and flannelette nighties! So if it's not gay it's old lady-fied! You should get them to change it to 'engorged glans purple'

12. Or Columbias finest,
    [​IMG]

13. Or change the fabric to velvet, as favoured by The Baron.

14. I'd work on your ability to dish it out and take it back in equal measure if I was you, precious.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Falling plate b*ll*cks, and a danish was what started it and what I said stands.

• Like Like x 1