Bone comments made by tv presenters

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CplFoodspoiler, Nov 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Whilst watching 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' the other day Dom Littlewood was commenting on the number of incidents of fly tipping investigated by a local authority. It went something like this, 'last year they investigated 400 incidents of fly tipping.... that's more than one a day'. No shit Sherlock!

While I'm on rant mode, I want to scream when, every five minutes, they recap the last four and follow it with 'coming up' ..... 'later in the show'.... 'still to come' etc.

I know, my fault for watching shite in the first place. I was lured in by the dirty & rotten bit.
  2. HHH

HHH LE

The worst one is "Now The News"
  3. Or that twat who narrates Road Wars, Copper says "such & such just happened".
    Then the twatting narrator repeats what the plod said.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sky sports news have adopted the yank saying of "later this hour" or "coming up this hour"
  5. It's a bid to avoid the manifold evils of 'dead air'. Any noise, no matter how inane, is better than no noise at all it would seem.
  6. You do realise 'that twat' has an account with this site don't you?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. "50% thats almost half!!"
  8. Good then he can take it on board.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Fixed it for you.

See, that's funny now...:)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 'Top of the hour' and asking bereaved family members how they feel! Just fucking Dandy thanks! 24 Hr news is total bollocks and ruins any gravitas. Gordon Honeycombe must be spinning in his grave!
  11. What is Gordon Honeycombe doing spinning in a grave? He's still alive, I had a couple of pints with him once, good bloke and mega pro Army, and although he was a bit mad then, I cannot believe he has progressed to grave spinning.
  12. Well that just prooves my point about 24Hr News!! 24Hrs of it and at no point has anyone informed me that Mr Honeycombe is still alive. Useless Cnuts!!
    • Like Like x 4
  13. During the riots last august, rolling news, was, in my opinion culpable for much of the disorder.

Sky News would, without fail cut to adverts every ten minutes.

First advert up, for PC world, telling you how you simply must have the ipad 2.

How many saw that and said, 'Okay', went to there high street and threw a litter bin through the window of PC world and got themselves an iPad d on very easy terms. No deposit and nothing to pay for...ever?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. My absolute number ONE pet hate phrase is " the end of the day..." aaaaaaaaargh, I just want to throw things at things just for having typed it....
  15. It was a good few years ago but, Geordie Thicket Donna Air(head) was interviewing The Corrs on MTV UK and asked;

"So, how did you all meet and decide to form a band?"
    • Like Like x 2