Bond films and the like

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mrrandom, May 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maybe somenoe on here can tell me, in every bond type film when the hero gets into the enemys HQ the bloke has a huge private army

were do they come from and how do you join, I think I'd look good in a badly shaped beret with an unloaded sten

• Like Like x 2
  2. they buy them at Armies R us - where on earth else would you buy an army?

3. See you can always rely on Poppy for a sensible answer.

4. I dont know, last time I went there I got lost in the hollwed out volcano and underseas laier (spelling?) section

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It dates the film (The Spy who loved me?). During the Cold War private armies were cheap. Modern Bond films have to make do with CGI, so you'd need to be digitised first.

6. I always wondered how they managed to dig out volcanoes and build evil empires without anyone noticing?
    And why did nobody fit fuses in the evil empires?......one bullet in the control board and the whole fukcing lot went up.

7. I dont want to be digitised it hurt last time

• Like Like x 2
  8. I always thought it was terribly helpful of the baddies to put a digital countdown clock on the inside of bombs so you know exactly how much time you have to disarm it.

9. a mate of mine managed to piss off some bomb disposal types, following a firearms operation they were shown the now safe devices, he asked if EOD can't get there in time did they cut the red or the blue wire- not happy bunnies from what he told me

• Like Like x 2
  10. HHH

HHH LE

Tell them to put more lube on their fingers!

11. some would've been a start

• Like Like x 2
  12. You lot may laugh, but since digitalisation the bottom has fallen out of the film extras game.
    'Hire a Walt' & 'Boys R Us' have both gone to the wall, not to mention the bankrupcy of many firms associated with the Papier Mache industry. The Military Film Covenant used to provide Jobs For Extras Heroes but now the only work I can get is washing condoms for re-use at Madam *****'s House of Oriental Massage & Correction.
    What a come down from '24th Startrooper on the right, 5th row, having a fag in the ranks'.
    It's a crime, I tell you.

• Like Like x 2
  13. This might explain why Cdr Bond never seemed to have much difficulty defeating them.

To the OP though - beware: do you really want your loved ones recieving that call, telling them that you've been run over by a road-roller or decapitated by an ill-tempered, mutated sea bass?