Bombings in Khuzestan Province

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Jan 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. T6,

Do you remember those 'Rgaheads' in Afghanistan who the ISS and CIA channeled money to in the 80's.....rememebr what they did on 9/11/2001?

What is to say that these chaps (who may or may not funded, supported, aided etc by another power) don't repay their debt in a similar manner.

I geninuely hope that the US is not meddling in affairs of another state or for that matter supporting and funding terrorism! :twisted:
  2. You may well be right to say funding ragheads in Afghanistan came back to haunt us but that still doesn't mean it was a bad idea.... 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'....

Although I would still say that any military/pseudomilitary option with Iran is still a foolish idea.....

Also I'm skeptical of any rants from Ahmadinejad claiming UK/US involvement - this is the same chap who denies the holocast - He'll say whatever he has to for a soundbite!

3. Next door to 'ghan is Baluchistan. Guys from there formed rank and file in numerous Gulf state police forces and seemed to have basic military skills. I'm too idle to check it out but anyone know if there is potential for us to employ them like Gurkhas?
  4. Do you honestly think that an honest, moral, law-abiding and democratic state such as the US would meddle in the affairs of another state, and, shock upon horror, fund and support a known terrorist organisation. Never. :wink:

Let's just look at the MEK (Mujahedin-e Khalq) for a moment.

1. They appear on the US State Depts. list of terror groups. link:
    OK so far? Nasty bunch it seems. Can't have anything to do with them, can we?

2. However, "When Making a Revolution, Allies Matter"
    Full text here:

Other similar texts here: and here: and here:

3. Some recent quotes:

They may not have got the ear of Karl Rove yet, but they're damn well on the way to it. How long before they are conveniently removed from the State Dept. Terror list??? :wink:
  5. T6, surely you're not advocating support for terror?