Bomber Jackets

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gunnerfalkey, Dec 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Donot suppose you own a pair of dessie wellies and a pair of blue denims

2. They're fine as long as you actually want to look like one of the bouncers in Phoenix Nights.

[​IMG]

3. Can I also recommend Ray Ban Aviator shades, and the song "You've Lost That Loving feeling"?

4. Hahahaha. Lt Mitchells jacket was leather actually! :D

5. Bought an orginal MA1 years ago 1975ish still in good condition, did have a MA1 blanket lined, looks good with a pair of faded Levi 501.

6. dunno why but "YMCA" just played itself in my head...

7. Oh and i do in fact have dessie boots.

Would wearing them with the said jacket look good?

I need to know i am going out soon.

Fashion advice plz baberz

8. woody owns one seriously geeky label he smokes a pipe and lives in portsmouth :twisted:
    so your look options are
    aging homosexual
    nightclub bouncer
    aging skinhead
    or weirdo who hangs out on here smokes a pipe and spends time playing with machine guns.
    forget fashion you need help :evil:

9. sound reason not to wear one.

10. You are so right in so many ways!

Please don't wear it in public as I will be so embarresed for you...lol Queer as Folk!!!

11. If you want that retro look, then why not go the whole hog and wear a norgie with Ron Hills and a Barbour? I found MA1s useless: non-water repellent, non-thermal, storage space nil. Ideal for block-to-bop bimbles and that's about it.

12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'non-water repellent, non-thermal, storage space nil'

to which I would say - and? theyre not a serious field jacket are they? if you want something waterproof with plenty of pockets, then I daresay Blacks or Cotswolds should be the place to go. As for the non thermal, maybe not as designed particularly - but my current one (sage green, natch) makes me sweat like OJ about to take his first prison shower. A design classic and a fashion classic. Now where did I park my Lambretta...

13. For sartorial elegance hows about:
    Buffalo Special 6 shirt in olive,
    501's,
    Desert wellies
    Rolex / Seiko / Omega with NATO strap.

If that lot ain't Ally then ...........................I'll go get changed :oops:

D_B

14. I nicked an Og one from 10th CAV Avn Coy in thr 70s while on EX with them in Budingen, still got it and it's dead a

Cwo2 Freyer sorry mate it was me