bomber is nigerian banker,s son!! surely its another scam.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jibman, Dec 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sounds a bit dodgy to me,surely there can,t be any real bankers in nigeria! 8O

The family of a Nigerian man charged with trying to blow up a transatlantic jet on Christmas Day say his actions are "completely out of character".
    They said that, until recently, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, had never given them cause for concern.
    His father, a prominent banker, alerted security agencies about two months ago when his son broke off communication.
    Meanwhile, the UK said on Monday that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab had been on its security watch list.
    This meant he could not come into the UK, although he could pass through the country in transit.
    Home Secretary Alan Johnson said he had been refused a visa 14 months ago after applying to study at a bogus college.

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I read that his father, Dr Kevin Abdulmutallab said "We gave the boy a sensible name, an internet connection and we assumed he would be all right. We are shocked. His Auntie Ex Wife Of Deceased Oil Minister CitiBank Abdulmutallab is gutted"

3. Let's get this right. A father has no grounds to be concerned about his son, but when his son breaks off communication, his first reaction is to alert the security services?

Obviously "never given them cause for concern" there then.

4. Michael Rimmer, a Briton who taught him history at the British School in Lome (BSL), told the BBC Mr Abdulmutallab had been "every teacher's dream - very keen, enthusiastic, very bright, very polite".
    He had excelled in Islamic scholarship at the British school and gained a reputation for preaching to other students, said Mr Rimmer.

Mr Rimmer said his former student had always been "very religious" and occasionally aired opinions which were "a bit over the top".
    "In 2001 we had a number of class discussions about the Taliban. All the other Muslim kids in the class thought they were just a bunch of nutters, but Umar spoke in their defence," said Mr Rimmer.

sounds like he,s been a friutcake for a while. :x

5. Must be duff. Where's the benediction of "God bless you all" at the end of that message?

6. I am Dr Umbongo Magwire,(hey guys i m a real Dr so trust me!!)

I have $10 million, from your recent families death on the Nile, please send me your bank account details & credit card no so I can send you the Money, If not please arrange a visa for my son, who is a Barrister to deliver the money to you personally.

7. Not a problem. What's your bank details and I'll square it away.

8. Why do we let them transit through UK, if they are on the list?

Why not prevent them from getting anywhere near here, and upset there travel arrangements to boot.

9. Chocolate, we allow them to transit through the uk for the same reason we dont deport them when we catch them planning terrorism here. We have given the right to refuse them entry away to some un-elected fukwit in Europe that is more concerned with the rights of the terrorist.

The ducking stool approach should be taken up with suspected terrorists!

10. Am I the only one sniggering because, far from becoming a 'heroic martyr' and getting his 72 virgins, the chod will forever be known as 'The Underpant Bomber'. And rather than blowing a plane load of infidels to smithereens, he only managed to slightly singe his knob!

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Because we've got a sense of humour and they havent?

Just a guess.