Bomber Crew

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
One cross-channel mission, managed to lose both the rear and mid-upper gunner, and the engineer got swept off the wing.

I'm only on mission 4, FFS!
Equipment racks: add med kits, strip out extinguishers (an emergency dive will take care of engine fires) and strip out parachutes, they're pointless. There's little point in getting anyone out on the wing during an attack - too many opportunities for slippage.

Equipment racks: add med kits, strip out extinguishers (an emergency dive will take care of engine fires) and strip out parachutes, they're pointless. There's little point in getting anyone out on the wing during an attack - too many opportunities for slippage.
I haven't even leveled up!

But I do like how RCAF Transport Command is an optional paint job on there.

Alas, while returning, with two engines, large parts of the aft fuselage and Benjy the Rear Gunner missing..... A for ARRSE was on final approach with probably 10 seconds to safely landing.....

And promptly ran out of fuel and nosedived into the ground.

God bless Benjy and the rest of the crew. They are with the angles now, probably watching benevolently as some scam charridee raises cash in their memory on Birkenhead High St.

Serpico

Old-Salt
A Second World War Kiwi co-pilot named James Ward actually did such a wing walk as you describe and managed to put out an engine fire on a Wellington two engine bomber, an act for which he was rightly awarded the Victoria Cross. His pilot, Sq Ldr Reuben Widdowson received a Distinguished Flying Cross for his part in holding the aircraft steady whilst Flt Sgt Ward extinguished the flames. That story was truly one of those that, "You just couldn't make up!"

Wartime pilot saved his stricken plane and crew by climbing on to the wing to put out an engine fire | Daily Mail Online
Cheers for that, as I was reading the thread I was wondering if that had ever actually happened

Game looks really cool tbf. Although you all have a somewhat laissez faire/RFC approach to parachutes; it's easy to see the game doesn't make you write little pixelated letters to crying pixelated widows, you monsters

Cheers for that, as I was reading the thread I was wondering if that had ever actually happened

Game looks really cool tbf. Although you all have a somewhat laissez faire/RFC approach to parachutes; it's easy to see the game doesn't make you write little pixelated letters to crying pixelated widows, you monsters
I must admit, it's one of my regular go to games for when I just want to relax without doing much thinking.

If I want to engage the grey matter then I'll play something like Kerbal Space Program.

Both permit me guilt free mass muder at high velocity.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Saying that it is relaxing, i had to rage quit the other day. My navigator had sufficent skills i could fly off in my own direction, so i did so to avoid flak.
NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WERE MOUNTAINS!!!!

Saying that it is relaxing, i had to rage quit the other day. My navigator had sufficent skills i could fly off in my own direction, so i did so to avoid flak.
NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WERE MOUNTAINS!!!!
There are mountains

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I love that heart breaking moment when, upon surviving a long mission where you somehow kept the plane aloft and the crew alive..... you descend to land, click to lower the gear..... And realise with no time to spare that your wheels are gone.

Although I did once get as far as the channel, get bounced by an ace and have all my engines blown off.

Not sure which made me more upset. :p

Here's another one.
Norman Cyril Jackson - Wikipedia

And I've had to take a rage break and have left the game alone before I wound up punting my monitor and CPU out the window.

Cheers, interesting story, what a brave bastard. Pretty weird that he and his adopted brother - both seperately adopted - won the VC and George Medal, very impressive
I do like how Leonard Cheshire wanted both he and Jackson to be awarded the VC at the same time, and damn the protocol, because even Cheshire said that Jackson was braver than him (bastardised version).

Oh, and by the way, my Lancaster has been shot down after 5 missions by the lowest "ace", so I tried the USAAF DLC from North Africa and got my rectum fed to me on the first mission.

This is worse than Kerbal Space Program.

Latest Threads