Bomber Crew C4 21.00 tonight

The team that did Spitfire Ace this time do it with the B-17 and the Lancaster.

5 Grandchildren of Bomber Command Aviators, get to see what Grandad actually did. Series culminates in one of the lucky 5 getting to sit in the Pilot's seat of a Lanc on a simulated sortie

Lucky lucky Bast*rd.

Interestingly, one is the Grandchild of F/Sgt Nicholas Alkemade who left a burning Lancaster at 18,000 feet sans brolly , and woke up in a snowdrift.

Should be interesting, due to the production temas extensive use of veterans interviews , as per Spitfire Ace.

Channel 4 UK tonight - 21.00 GMT.

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/B/bombercrew/

did look in to this as my grandfather was a navigator on lancasters, but the woman said they wanted the grandparents to talk about what they did and it's a sore spot for him (for obvious reasons) so I didnt follow it up

Not bad,

That footage of the Mosquitos on the "Cooks Tour" was incredible.

Except once again they wheeled out Brendan O' Brien :evil:

All those really good experts and they use him.

Oh well , look forward to the rest of it.

ugly

LE
come_to_arrest_the_zulus said:
did look in to this as my grandfather was a navigator on lancasters, but the woman said they wanted the grandparents to talk about what they did and it's a sore spot for him (for obvious reasons) so I didnt follow it up
That woukld be difficult for me unless we have access to a medium. Pilot Officer JA Rinder 415 Sqn RCAF KIA 05-01-45