Bombay Duck

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by wayner1970, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to compile a list of establishments within the UK that serve that disgustingly lovely delicacy that is Bombay Duck.

It was once banned in the UK due to its "preparation" process but the EU was overulred in 2003.

Sadly not many Indian Resturants re-introduced Bombay Duck and i fcking love it, so if you know of a resturant in your area that does it i would apreciate it if you tell me.

2. Is this a Wah! or something? 30 seconds searching turns up a page that says that you can apparently get the stuff from these two sources in either wholesale or personal quantities respectively.

Wholesale - for restaurants buying it so badger your local,

Mr Evans
    J. Vickerstaff Co. Ltd.
    Wholesale Market Precinct,
    27 Pershore Street,
    Birmingham.
    B5 6UB
    Tel: 0121 622 1827

Personal orders - 100g (3.5oz) packs cost £1.99, minimum order 5 packs plus postage,

The Sweet Mart
    78-82 St. Marks Road
    Bristol
    BS5 6JH
    Tel: 0117 951 2257
    E-Mail: sales@sweetmart.co.uk

3. It stinks - stay away from the stuff!

4. Why is it called Bombay Duck?

Are people in Bombay so fcuking stupid they actually failed the fish recognition course or at the time of inventing the dish was a shoal of fish disguised as tasty duckesses so they could sneak up on unwary male ducks and batter them to death before robbing their wallets...................

.................or have I simply lost the plot?

Stone, lift, under.........wibble!!!

5. Try here.

Plenty of ducking.

6. It's great 'revenge' kit for hiding away in your O.C.'s land rover air vents, especially after 3 or 4 days 8)

7. Slimey,

I think you have lost the plot. Though I particularly liked your reference to 'duckesses'. :D

8. foul stuff

9. Fowl stuff :?

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Oh really? My local Tandoori chucker has been sidling up to me for years. "Mr. Duke. I have some Bombay Duck. Special for you. It is very illegal you know".

11. Both
    its still minging

12. Surely it should be renamed "Mumbai Duck" now.

13. Proper name for a Bombay Duck is a Bummalo...

You could have guessed that, couldn't you!
    OK