Bombardier to sell Belfast and Morocco aerostructures facilities

• Thread starter Deleted 158059
  • Start date
D

Deleted 158059

Yep, the Airbus Beluga was custom build to move the pieces, esp the wings I believe.

What was that about green credentials in the EU?
Perilously close to poisoning another thread with your delusional rantings.

If you think that it's more efficient by boat or land, think again

Perilously close to poisoning another thread with your delusional rantings.

If you think that it's more efficient by boat or land, think again
It's more efficient to not have to move the things in the first place, my dear.

I appreciate thinking isn't one your strong points...

D

Deleted 158059

It's more efficient to not have to move the things in the first place, my dear.

I appreciate thinking isn't one your strong points...
I didn't have you down as one of this Greta fanbois.

Every day a learning day.

Haven't you got form for climate change denial?

Almost like you're insincere

I didn't have you down as one of this Greta fanbois.

Every day a learning day.

Haven't you got form for climate change denial?

Almost like you're insincere
No. It's like you're thick as mince.

I have queries over 'climate change', that said I don't think it gives us an excuse to not try to live as sustainable and clean way as possible.

I don't think it is right that plastic toys are being found in the Arctic from cereal packets from the '50s for example.

I would like to see much less over use of resources and cleaner ways of doing it, in many cases this just requires us to go back to older ways of doing things.

For example, why not make beer in local breweries and distribute to local pubs? We could use horse and carts. Why not return to milk men delivering reusable glass bottles in lieu of trips to the supermarket in 4x4s buying one use plastic containers of milk, likely to go off before the last drop...

That doesn't mean I think the current climate change is definitely or even 100% man made.

Funny, because you have, over time, mocked my veggie patch and my way of living such as using containers, solar cells and the like. I believe you've had a pop at me for studying with the OU, despite the fact I've mentioned several of those modules were to do with sustainable living and the environmental web.

Like I said. You thick as mince and slightly myopic.

Here's to a less turbulent future and the next 100 years.

Yokel

LE
Have they still been working as many manufacturers have? Or was an empty facility the scene of arson? That thick black smoke is indicative of a serious fire. I hope everyone is safe.

A couple of years ago there was a major fire at an aerospace propeller manufacturer in Gloucestor. Fortunately they were able to move operations to another site nearby

Less than 50% of the workforce started back last week I believe.
The fire was in Centre 97 which is the treatments plant for the metals etc.

It was supposedly a machine that the fire originated in. They have had treatments facilities beside Belfast City Airport at the Centre O4 building as well, the first time I was in Shorts 15 years ago, so I've no doubt they can work around the problem.

Bare in mind that there's 6 factory sites in Belfast, Newtonabbey and Newtonards.

Attachments

Latest Threads