Bomb threat on Ryanair flight

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Apr 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bejesus.... did the passengers have thick southern Irish accents by any chance?
  2. No, pissed off at the 1 £ flight but 45£ taxes!!! :D
  3. A note was handed to cabin crew informing of the bomb, how formal. Dear Sir etc, I remain your obedient servant complete with bomb on board. I bet it fell out of the RyanAir trendy but informative magazine and says nothing about security but when the fcuking aircraft was last cleaned properly? Bets it's the one I left last year. Oops!
  4. Wasn't the same 'plane that landed at Ballykelly last month was it?

Them squaddies and their humour...
  5. Have just read about this on BBC news 24 site - love the Ryanair apolgises for any inconvenience caused to passengers on board this flight - what about all the poor buggers who have had their flights canceled cause they cannot now fly into Prestwick! And what a great time to pick to do it - just as Easter starts - whoever did it should be well and truly punished!

6. I hope they come down on the perpetrator like a ton of bricks (or feathers either would hurt just as much)
  7. Thought the plane was heading for Dublin Why did it land at Prestwick? Was it just to inconvenience the Brits? I take no-body going for flights from Dublin had any problems.Does the republic have an Air force? Maybe it's an early celebration of their beloved Easter Rising.
  8. I can't remember where I heard it but I think Prestwick is used for problem flights (hijacks etc.) Presumably to avoid clogging other airports.
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Martin TOLD Gerry not to forget his carry on!!!....AGAIN!!
  10. We do have an Air Corps but its very small. I know nothing about aircraft but I suspect all our aircraft are useless for intercepting jets.
    I suspect CutLunchCommando is right...

Am I detecting a little anger....

11. I flew Ryan Air once. Whilst I think anyone making fake terrorist claims should be jailed, my Ryan Air experience did give me some sympathy with the principle if not the act.
  12. Yeah, stretch your legs out in the isles at your peril "you're paying for the seat, not the leg room"
  13. I was caught up in this clusterfcuk. Was due to fly into prestwick from weeze yesterday on Ryanair and was pretty much told to fcuk off. They made no attempts to reschedule any cancelled flights and informed us that they would try to rebook as many people as possible on an alternative flight friday evening from frankfurt, over 160 miles away. No offer to accomodate anyone and no transport provided even to passengers who had taken out travel insurance with Ryanair. This is one airline that wont be getting my custom any more
  14. Saw it confirmed in the paper today. Prestwick is the Northern option, Stanstead the southern one.