Bomb Squad destroy chunk of London

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
They're practising before taking off and nuking the entire site from orbit.

Caption from the linked article (my bold);
The scene of the controlled explosion of a WWII 250kg Bomb at Fassett Road West London which has left a massive crate, shattered windows and damage to buildings and a nearby vehicle

It might just be me but I can't see any smashed windows in that picture.

As for the 'mother of all craters', it looks like a sandpit.

Just thank you lucky stars it wasn't a septic EOD outfit, the whole neighbourhood would have been totalled, anyhow, well done lads, in true British tradition, another job that has been done for many many decades, with up dates in techknowledgy implemented as soon as they emerge, a clusterfuck of monumental proportions, I envisage a interview, sans coffee biscuits, hats off, belts off and have words with the paymaster.

Great work from the Bomb Squad lads.

Anger as controlled explosion of World War II bomb in London street leaves cars wrecked and house windows smashed
Anger as controlled explosion of World War II bomb in London street wrecks cars and smashes windows | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 395259
View attachment 395261

Great effort lads. now who's going to pay for the damage?
View attachment 395262
Never mind the damage, why isn't that officer gripping that lot for standing there with their arms folded like primary school girls in an assembly?

In my day, rant, splutter, rave...

Never mind the damage, why isn't that officer gripping that lot for standing there with their arms folded like primary school girls in an assembly?

In my day, rant, splutter, rave...
That's a Typical RM/RN pose. Anyway, I still blame the Germans.

A quick question for the experts: What will have happened to the tail unit on the bomb? Lost on impact, corroded?