Bomb Doctor Needs Ammo!!

Not sure if you've seen the thread on Window Lickers?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=30152/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

Some naughty Arrsers have decided that the pompous Word Freaks on this Dictionary Website have had it their way for too long.

I need some words to bamboozle the shite out of them.

What better, than the Naval terms used by the rank and file Commando's among us.

I was thinking:

Sandy Bottoms - drink up
9 O'Clockers - Extra meal in the evening
Redders - Very hot

Can you guys provide me with some more? Many thanks :D

4 o'clockers - the afternoon type tea break

make and mend chit - stand down form

peg out - the board at the top of the gang plank when leaving ship

rack - bed in a mess

beer boat - the beer fridge

picked those two up from the navy when on board hms cumberland

Bladdered, 'slightly' over the legal drink drive limit
Hooped, Knackered or tired

my favourite

Op Signet - Swan or skive off

When the missus is on use 'when the red flag is flying USE the aft gangway!'
also HBM - Harry Black Maskers
Spring Lambs - Early Chops ie finish work early

WOSSNAME - a non specific description of a person or object

"Can you go and fetch the wossname from the cupboard for me?"
"I saw wossname in the pub earlier."

WOOBIE - a cuddly toy or any type of comforter used by children or adults, for example blanket, favourite doll, empty vodka bottle.

The obvious:
Hoofing - excellent/brilliant
Waz - good
icers - cold
wets - drinks
goffers - drinks (usually fizzy, non alcoholic)
honking/gopping/rats - a member of the opposite sex not endowed with the best looks possible
essence - opposite of above
trap - pull
bag off - seal the deal
Chad bite - wind up
Ogin - water/sea
nutty - chocolate/sweets

A few more:

Shnurgle - to crawl/advance cautiously
doofyferkin/sherner/diddler - "thing" (eg "wassname"
Gen - the truth. Can be used as a question or answer, eg "Gen?" "yeah its gen"
Eyebrows - to eyebrows something is a continuation of "Gen", the person saying it places their eyebrows on a certain, unbeleivable fact being genuine. If they are found to be lying, they forfeit their eyebrows.
Robocop - an extreme version of eyebrows, only seen occasionally due to the extreme nature of the forfeit if found to be working a chad bite.

Threaders - on yer arrse, had enough
Chockers - see above
(From the) Neckup checkup - treatment for PTSD/"counselling"
The Cake - army or similar forces (ie " how long have you been in the Cake?)
Party - a young lady (to trap a party on a run ashore and drag her back to one's Grot) - acknowlegments to Duty Booty)
Scratter - Chav or similar Oxygen Grand Larcenist (OGL)
OGL - see above pronounced "Ogle"

scratcher - Bed
Fart sack - sleeping bag
gat - rifle
webbing - stockings and susbenders
battle bowler / tin lid - combat helmet

You are incredibly wicked people and I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves! I am so angry that I am not even going to tell you about all the words in the ARRSEPedia DICTIONARY because I couldn't trust you not to copy the worst ones (and there are some shockers I can tell you!) into that wonderful internet resource hosted by nice Mr Collins.

Enjoy :twisted:

Bomb_Doctor said:
I was looking for Ammo and I think we've just found the Kineton of the Dictionary world! Cheers Abacus
Look up "Stores" then - I shall make you sign out anything you wish to use and expect it back in the same condition - if that Calliope character gets her (?) hands on it I shall have to bill you!

Bomb_Doctor said:
I was thinking Caliode9 was a 'he'.... perhaps I'm wrong. I'm visualising him as an old school teacher who's been 'forcibly' retired on grounds of 'gossip'.

It's really hotting up on the second page of the 'Define the term 'Outed' battle!

http://www.collins.co.uk/wordexchange/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15045&PageIndex=2

Caliode9 said:
t is commonly used in different forums and is generally considered rather ineffective.
It sounds like a she-bastwuntwirp with a thriving (internet) social life.

When do we get to put words from Abacus' Dictionary in there?

I just added "Pete". It's very very clever.

Abacus versus Collins? I think we know the winner of that one.

Edited to add - does this sound right:

Your method which is common to those who cannot argue appears to consist of making personal remarks in order to persuade others of your smart- aleckedness and to compel the one you are attacking to defend him or herself from your slanderous remarks which are cowardly as well as those of a bully.
That is either a very good spell checker; he has eaten a dictionary or is foreign (i.e. american/french etc. etc.) and is using some clever ooojimaflip to translate the words. No-one's english is that good. BD - I tend to agree with you that it is a teacher forced to resign because of "gossip".

Hark at me with posh words, I am spending too much time on their website. Must go back to arrsepedia.

Oi - it's not my dictionary - check the history tab, I am as pure as the driven snow and nothing like as funny as most of the contributors to that fine organ, the ARRSEPedia.

My real name is George Washington and I cannot tell a lie. (alright the bit about me not being funny was clearly a complete work of truth.)

As I said : a common technique and not very well applied if I might say so.

Can I suggest your agenda needs rethinking if it is to succeed.

I do not see the need to use any other word.

To out someone is to expose them, which presupposes an attitude of self-righteousness and can indicate a coward and a bully. Self- righteous because it assumes a moral attitude which social progression may render absurd: a generation ago for instance male homosexuality was an illegal act; nowadays it is promoted. Cowardly because generally those who out do not disclose themselves and because they act as a mob. Bullying because it carries an implication that an individual is not entitled to difference, but must conform to whatever norm is determined.

To out oneself is another version of coming out of the closet and could be seen as shortened form of that expression.
Can someone put that in English for me please?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
Gundulph Sappers 4
A Sappers 7