Bomb Disposal Specialist (Royal Engineers) & Search Specialist Royal Engineers...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ayo_for_Yayo, Jul 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obviously as we all know with these roles being specialist, it is only promotion from a general role in the same field that enables someone to get these roles.

    My question is, which one would be the most likely for someone to gain promotion. I might get a response from a few asking me, "well how longs a thread of string?" but we all know there are roles which are regarded more suitable to make that transition from than others...

    Armoured Engineer
    Plasterer / Painter
    Carpenter And Joiner
    Building Materials Technician
    Elec & Mech Draughtsman
    Design Draughtsman
    Survey Engineer
    Building Materials Technician
    Engineer Specialist Driver
    Air Conditioning Fitter
    General Fitter
    Engineer Logistics Specialist
    Plant Operator Mechanic
    Engineer Troop Officer (I only have the equilivant to A-Levels so not sure this would even be an option)

    Note: I don't drive, so if people could list the best route when considering the driving roles and the best without considering them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.