Bomb at QUOTC (Malone Road)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by paddington_88, Jan 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS. It's all some people know isn't it. Which bunch of drug dealing thugs are going to claim this one.

2. I might be wrong, but is this the first time they have targeted the TA?

3. No previously targeted TA barracks on the Antrim Rd, North Belfast, last year if I remember right.

Chocolate Frog, I think you know who targeted the barracks I doubt it was Loyalists.

4. Yep, just up the road from me, QOY I think are there. TH (Tyrone House) has been targeted before if I remember staff saying, once by small arms and another bomb. TH is an easy target so prob a bunch of retarded teenagers recruited by ONH. The device was found beside a fence so it may have been just pushed under or thrown over the wall and was found by a dog. That's all I've heard so far..

Paddington

5. Nope, there have been a few viable devices aimed at TA over the years and more hoaxes. May not have been reported in the mainland press though. Queens has (or had last time I visited) a 24 hour armed guard, as most TA centres in NI now do, for exactly this reason.

Id agree that its likely some fuckwit recruited from the University by the DR's trying to make a name for himself. Pity the guards didnt see him and slot the **** though.

6. Probably one of the OCDTS with a warped sense of humour.

7. Or pissed off at not getting paid in first year anymore.

8. Gulp! I seriously am not sure I could have financed my way through university without the OTC, in the days when grants were too little and loans hadn't started.

9. The times they are a changing. Dont know the full details as I havent been a part of that unit for quite a few years, just what Ive gleaned from various conversations. But funding has been reduced drastically, I believe they were down to 12 MTDs last year and have obviously re-organised to try and make the best of it. There are a few QUOTC members who frequent this site who will know the full details.

Edited for mong typing.

10. Fixed that for you.

11. Times a-changing indeed. Back in the 1980s it was a nominal 30 or so, and you could generally get as many as you wanted because there would be enough lazy sods who didn't turn up.

12. Can anyone remeber the details of the guy who was injured by the booby-trap bomb on the range near Bushmills?

13. *cough* That'll be Paddington_88 then *Cough*