Bomb at QUOTC (Malone Road)

FFS. It's all some people know isn't it. Which bunch of drug dealing thugs are going to claim this one.

I might be wrong, but is this the first time they have targeted the TA?
No previously targeted TA barracks on the Antrim Rd, North Belfast, last year if I remember right.

Chocolate Frog, I think you know who targeted the barracks I doubt it was Loyalists.

No previously targeted TA barracks on the Antrim Rd, North Belfast, last year if I remember right.
Yep, just up the road from me, QOY I think are there. TH (Tyrone House) has been targeted before if I remember staff saying, once by small arms and another bomb. TH is an easy target so prob a bunch of retarded teenagers recruited by ONH. The device was found beside a fence so it may have been just pushed under or thrown over the wall and was found by a dog. That's all I've heard so far..

Paddington

I might be wrong, but is this the first time they have targeted the TA?
Nope, there have been a few viable devices aimed at TA over the years and more hoaxes. May not have been reported in the mainland press though. Queens has (or had last time I visited) a 24 hour armed guard, as most TA centres in NI now do, for exactly this reason.

Id agree that its likely some fuckwit recruited from the University by the DR's trying to make a name for himself. Pity the guards didnt see him and slot the **** though.

Gulp! I seriously am not sure I could have financed my way through university without the OTC, in the days when grants were too little and loans hadn't started.
The times they are a changing. Dont know the full details as I havent been a part of that unit for quite a few years, just what Ive gleaned from various conversations. But funding has been reduced drastically, I believe they were down to 12 MTDs last year and have obviously re-organised to try and make the best of it. There are a few QUOTC members who frequent this site who will know the full details.

Edited for mong typing.

Yep, just up the road from me, QOY I think are there. TH (Tyrone House) has been targeted before if I remember staff saying, once by small arms and another bomb. TH is an easy target so prob a bunch of retarded teenagers recruited by ONH. The device was found beside a fence so it may have been just pushed under or thrown over the wall and was found by The North Irish Horse, whilst dogging. That's all I've heard so far..

Paddington
Fixed that for you.

The times they are a changing. Dont know the full details as I havent been a part of that unit for quite a few years, just what Ive gleaned from various conversations. But funding has been reduced drastically, I believe they were down to 12 MTDs last year and have obviously re-organised to try and make the best of it. There are a few QUOTC members who frequent this site who will know the full details.

Edited for mong typing.
Times a-changing indeed. Back in the 1980s it was a nominal 30 or so, and you could generally get as many as you wanted because there would be enough lazy sods who didn't turn up.

I would do no such thing :p If I hear any names floating around or rumours at the local, I'll be sure to let you know the details ;-)

What were you doing yesterday Boozy? Could you be a little jealous that our OTC was better than yours and you want a bit of revenge? lol

Prob was students, one year a few students chained themselves to the front gates in Queens in protest of 'the British Army recruiting students' and at J'town, the OTC aren't allowed to openly recruit, they have to wait until people come to their stall to enquire, yet Sinn Fein across the way are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.

Paddington

B

Boozy

What were you doing yesterday Boozy?
I got the train to Belfast and had a nice day out. I had a great day except I seem to have lost my lunchbox, what a bummer!... it was small rectangular and packed with wires n stuff...Last saw it somewhere on or near the Malone Road...beats me where I could have left it!

Could you be a little jealous that our OTC was better than yours and you want a bit of revenge? lol
*Dies slowly of sheer laughter, keeling over and cackling like a maniac* :razz:

I think they were maybe equally as sh*t mate. :) Ours were allowed to recruit openly and I spent my first few days at uni being chased round parks and things by them... I went to freshers fair, they were there, I went to induction class, they were there, I went to the park, they were there, I went to the pub, they were there, hell I even opened my bedroom door to take a shower once and they were there!

I was always going to join anyway, but if I hadn't been I would have joined eventually just to try and stop the existing members stalking me!

I think every OTC was shit, it was funny how the OTC that was hosting 'Northern Lights' always seemed to win it? lol Queens recruitment was like that when I was 1st year but more and more it was being told not to be so open, I think it was because of security and whatnot? @.@

Just had a flick at your pics as well Boozy, I don't think the lads are interested in seeing your face so need to cover that up, you don't look at the hearth while your poking the fire ;-) I think you should put the 'DPM' pic up, that'll get them going lol