Bolt Action Competition - Winners

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Charlie Charters, the author of Bolt Action has kindly offered to supply 5 prizes of a copy of Bolt Action and a t-shirt to winners of the Arrse Bolt Action Competition. This has now been drawn and the winners are listed below.

As the competition was concerning Fiji, Charlie asked his friend the High Commissioner for Fiji His Excellency Mr Pio Bosco Tikoisuva to pick the numbers for the draw. His Excellency may be known to the rugby followers as a member of the Fiji international side becoming skipper in 1977. He also played for Harlequins and was invited to play in several Barbarian sides. Pio Bosco Tikoisuva was appointed High Commissioner for Fiji in 2008.

For more information about Fiji please visit their High Commission website here .

Now to the winners, in no particular order (and I would like to point out that I know none of the winners and the inclusion of a particular one is absolutely nothing to do with me!! – I was absolved by His Excellency!!!! J )

The winners are:
    Ø Massarge
    Ø The Phantom Bear Dresser
    Ø Poppy
    Ø Herbie
    Ø jimflint

Could the winners please PM me asap with their name and address and I will pass on to Charlie Charters so he can arrange for the prizes to be sent out.

Thanks to all who took part, to Charlie for supplying the prizes (and writing the book!! which is reviewed here) and to HE Mr Pio Bosco Tikoisuva for drawing the winners.

A-Y

2. I won i won i won

tpbd

3. Bloody fix.

Harrumph!

4. Just out of curisoty will the books be inscribed? If so can we have what we want inscribed in them?

TPBD

5. Auld-Yin

I will ask if you PM me with the inscription you want! You are a very pushy Bear Dresser aren't you? :)

6. Of Course I am!!!

How do you think I get things done!

TPBD

7. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Hmmm it seems TPBD has a long reach in influencing the prize draw, not that I would call it a FIX but his paws have left a suspicious trail over this competition thread :)

8. redraw!!!!!

9. HIS? I'm afraid you have me pegged all wrong, this bear is all female :-D

And I didn't do anything that would be considered a bribe, not at all, and besides you can't prove nuthing

TPBD

10. Auld-Yin

Hence my get out clause (or should that be claws?) I am sure that you can't argue with His Excellency (especially if he brings along the Harlequins 1st 15 - or even worse, the 4ths.)

11. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

My apologies in the typo, I was carried away in the moment between fits of jealousy at not winning and trying to work out the conspiracy theory from the grassy knoll or was it the book repository?
    Your inscription should read, "TPBD - nothing to prove" :) :)

Regards
    W_C

12. That's a good idea for an inscription!!!

TPBD

13. Auld-Yin

Still waiting for massarge to claim his(her) prize and send me an address to get the book 'n t-shirt sent out. Anybody see him, give him a nudge.

14. I wish to complain about my not winning this here competition which I didn't enter on this very website not a week ago.

15. Yes. I didn't enter either, I didn't even know what it was. So I am quite outraged not to have won it. For the third year running probably.