Bollocks - Is nothing sacred?

Fuller's ESB, marvellous stuff. Asahi, and especially their Dark, excellent too.

Actually, if this starts a trend of being able to get London Pride in Tokyo, to augment the fizzy disco piss they learned to brew from the Germans, I’m all for it.

Incidentally, I found London Pride in a branch of Donki in Ginza a few weeks ago and bought the lot.

If the original Gales brewery HSB (continued to be brewed by Fullers when the Fullers took over), then them Japs are gonna get crazier!
HBS always got me trollied after a few. It's like Stella of the real ale world. Just add string vest.

No blame for Brexit yet?

Allow me.

The slant eyed ones were laughed at 30/40 years ago, when they first tried they're hand with whisky. Recently three (?) of them came tops in a blind tasting. Persistent little so and so's.
With time the Eastern Asiatics will rule the world precisely because they a) take the long view b) work harder than we do. Eventually they will fall but I'm not sure who to or how long it will take.

With time the Eastern Asiatics will rule the world precisely because they a) take the long view b) work harder than we do. Eventually they will fall but I'm not sure who to or how long it will take.
The art of bonsai is a case in point. Starting a project which will be around long after you've turned to dust. Every empire eventually fails. The circle of life and death, depending on which side of being the ruled or ruler you're on.

Actually, if this starts a trend of being able to get London Pride in Tokyo, to augment the fizzy disco piss they learned to brew from the Germans, I’m all for it.

Incidentally, I found London Pride in a branch of Donki in Ginza a few weeks ago and bought the lot.
Donki and Ginza sound suspiciously like made-up words to me.
London Pride is a metropolitan poofs organisation I believe.

which is quite Ironic that a Drink (Lager) that the Germans were specifically excluded from when it was discovered and was in fact Brewed to extend shelf life by The Germans for storage has such a rep. Even more Ironic that I can't stand lager, or that My Uncle was a "Drayman" at Spaten in Hamburg and my preffered tipple is an Alt ( Old) By either Rhenania or Spaten itself.

Last year in the Turkish city of Adana I found some London pride for sale. And not that far from the Syrian border!

Donki and Ginza sound suspiciously like made-up words to me.
Donki gets worse, :)
It's actually a popular abbreviation for Don Quijote, the name of the stores, - well, maybe the founder was a fan.
They're interesting for me as they have a great variety of discount goods but not the place to be if you are claustrophobic because they make the most of their selling space- I'm not, but 15 mins is about my max in one.

In the good old days (up to end of the 80s), the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment used to ride back to Knightsbridge from Pirbright at the end of Summer Camp. 250 horse in marching order, the whole regiment in No 2 dress mounted. We´d start around 07.00 coming into London on the A30. We´d stop at Fullers brewery for lunch. All cars and trucks vacated the premises to make room for the horses which were tied up while basically we went on the piss for two hours. The last hour and a half to Knightsbridge were interesting with those who couldn´t hold it, lagging themselves in the saddle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pull_through Tanks, planes & ships 40
old_bloke The NAAFI Bar 325
Carl von Clauswitz The NAAFI Bar 23