Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bollocking Fat Soldiers

RedCoat2009 said:
firestarter said:
RedCoat2009 said:
verticalgyro said:
SepticNorman said:
I remember when Lt Col H Jones joined 2 Para many moons ago, first thing he did was to take the whole battalion (no exceptions) without prior notice on a 10 miler with full kit.
You should have seen the fatties panicing like fcuk running to the med centre trying to go sick

He sounds like the type of guy who gets things done, leading from the front. I wonder what happened to him?

You must be kidding? Do some quick research. H died while leading an attacking against an Argie position. He was awarded the VC.

Are you a civvie?

Are you, too, a civvie?

Wiki the Falklands War...1982...

There was a war at Falkland Palace ?

firestarter said:
RedCoat2009 said:
firestarter said:
RedCoat2009 said:
verticalgyro said:
SepticNorman said:
I remember when Lt Col H Jones joined 2 Para many moons ago, first thing he did was to take the whole battalion (no exceptions) without prior notice on a 10 miler with full kit.
You should have seen the fatties panicing like fcuk running to the med centre trying to go sick

He sounds like the type of guy who gets things done, leading from the front. I wonder what happened to him?

You must be kidding? Do some quick research. H died while leading an attacking against an Argie position. He was awarded the VC.

Are you a civvie?

Are you, too, a civvie?

Is that the one of the coast of Scotland?

I don't remember Scotland being invaded by anyone called "H"

What regiment was he in?

the_boy_syrup said:
firestarter said:
RedCoat2009 said:
firestarter said:
RedCoat2009 said:
verticalgyro said:
SepticNorman said:

Are you a civvie?

Are you, too, a civvie?

Is that the one of the coast of Scotland?

I don't remember Scotland being invaded by anyone called "H"

What regiment was he in?

Didn't the redcoated chap say he was from Paris? It might be the FFL?

E-Layer said:
Don't do what I did when I was a staffy.

Had a Fat Crab in my Troop at 14 Sigs who, for the sake of persec, I will call 'Smichards'.

Conversation went....

'Smichards, you're not joining us on PT yet again??'

'No Staff' came the reply

'What's wrong with you then' I asked

'I have over-developed thighs' was his response

'Well' I said 'If you didn't have such an over-developed stomach, your thighs wouldn't have to work so hard would they you fat cunt!'

He reported me.

If it's the person I'm thinking of (and the fact he reported you for pointing out the obvious makes me think it is), 5+ (if it is him?) years on, he's still a fat(ter) waste of space! Everyone's built differently and some have to work hard just to pass fitness tests, but at least they are putting the effort in.. some on the other hand, like your man there, don't appear to give a flying fcuk.

verticalgyro said:
RedCoat2009 said:
verticalgyro said:
SepticNorman said:

Are you a civvie?

Did he? Amazing.

No, I'm not a civvie, I am a military historian. Curator of the Airborne Forces Museum.

Are you a brain doner?

do you mean Donar?

RedCoat2009 said:
verticalgyro said:
RedCoat2009 said:
verticalgyro said:
SepticNorman said:

Are you a civvie?

Did he? Amazing.

No, I'm not a civvie, I am a military historian. Curator of the Airborne Forces Museum.

Are you a brain doner?

do you mean Donar?

Snigger.

I am biffed and have been for a few years now (hopefully should finally be getting sorted out by March though!!!). I still do as much as what I can, I turn up for all PT parades and I do phys with the guys. Whilst I may be in the slow group at least I try. If there is a young lad there struggling I just say to him "you're not going to let a biff beat you, are you?" and it shames them into trying a bit harder.

It really fecks me off when the blokes who are downgraded just mince for 40 minutes or so and then p155 off having spent more time talking than doing exercise or their training program. It's got to the point last week that I've told a bloke if he p155es off early from phys again I will charge him. Tossers like that give the rest of us a bad reputation and I'm not willing to put up with it.

Downgraded guys still need to be well managed so they don't get into a vicious circle of getting upgraded then picking up an injury straight away again. All too often blokes who have just been upgraded are slung straight out on normal phys and quickly pick up an injury because they have lost their conditioning. They should have a good training program which allows them to do as much as what they can do whilst downgraded and once they are upgraded a good, progressive training program that builds them back up to a good level of fitness prior to getting back into Sqn phys.

Fat knackers that can't pass the basic fitness tests are a fcuking disgrace to the Army, themselves & their units!

If you go to Tesco's in Aldershot, you will be greeted by the sight of some seriously obese soldiers, the majority, I may add who are female. :x

Some people do view phys as the be all and end all of everything to do with soldiering.

We had a Sapper at my old unit who was put on a cadre despite only having been in the unit less than 12 months. Fair enough if he was awesome but he wasn't; it was down to the fact that he was a whippet. It didn't matter that he was sh1t at his trade, he had an attitude problem and his basic military skills were dire. He could run and that was all that mattered. He went off and passed his cadre but thankfully he hasn't been promoted yet. He would struggle as a field section sapper and certainly wouldn't cut it as a section 2 I/C but because of the nature of the unit he wouldn't be looked at in that way. It's one of the reasons why I'm not that keen on Class Two's going straight from 1 RSME to my old unit.