BoJo waves two fingers at FIFA

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Good on you, Boris, up one notch in my estimation!

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

4. Or will this just fuel more column inches of how 'bad losers' the English are in the worlds press, irrespective of the fact that we were alleged lied to by the FIFA commitee members and Russia had it the bag weeks/months ago?

Also, is it time to accept that it's all horridly corrupt, put it all behind us and never bother bidding again?

Interestingly, can anyone explain why we (think we) got the 2012 Olympics when the IOC is (allegedly) corrupt as FIFA?
    Did Seb, et al, have a bigger 'entertainment' fund than the FA?

5. strangely it's the english press going on about the english being bad losers and generally self depreciating ("we don't deserve it") whereas the foreign press seem to side with England on this one.

6. So that part of the bribe wasn't enough then?

Or is the offer of free 5* accomodation for the whole lot not count as a bribe?

We are just as corrupt as the rest of them and it seems we just didn't offer enough this time, probably used all the spare cash and "presents" on the IOC.

7. It may be just me but I'm glad we didn't get the World Cup, international football is becoming increasingly tedious, with numerous competition qualifiers against small nations whose objectives appear to be containment and for whom a good result is a draw. and then the competitions themselves are becoming pretty dull compared to top club football.

Good for Boris, no point in throwing good money after 'bad', just a shame we won't get another speech along the lines of wiff waff is coming home.