Boiling lobsters alive to be banned

Chickens were a floor dwelling jungle bird and millions of years of evolution led to them preferring to huddle together in semi darkness for security leaving them less stressed.
Muppet

In what way does millions of years living free on a jungle floor condition them to be content locked up for life and barely able to move inside their cage ?

Battery farming is all about short-term profit, nothing to do with animal husbandry and is a stain on Farming reputation.

Far easier is to chill the lobster in a freezer for 20 minutes (it goes into a catatonic state), take it out of the freezer, stick a sharp knife through its carapace/head and then into the water. Easy.

We are still allowed to dispose of puppies like this though
Don't be silly.

Put your puppy in the freezer will result in the said puppy eating all your frozen food, sh1tting & p1zzing in the corner inside the freezer.

When you open the freezer door the said puppy will jump out into your arms and lick your face.

Run around your feet and want you to take him for walkies and play with his ball. (Ball I said not balls, but each to his own).

To the said puppy it's a game.

The more you play the more they enjoy it.

Save your self the hassle of restocking your freezer regularly, and having to deep clean the freezer.

Love your puppy.

PLM, Puppy Life's Matter.

In what way does millions of years living free on a jungle floor condition them to be content locked up for life and barely able to move inside their cage ?

Battery farming is all about short-term profit, nothing to do with animal husbandry and is a stain on Farming reputation.
You are free to disagree but facts prove that by mimicking the humid semi darkness and putting them in close quarters gives them a feeling of security. Instead of looking at chickens from a human point of view look at it from the chickens.
Read

How the Chicken Crossed the World The Story of the Bird That Powers Civilization​

Andrew Lawler

Don't be silly.

Put your puppy in the freezer will result in the said puppy eating all your frozen food, sh1tting & p1zzing in the corner inside the freezer.

When you open the freezer door the said puppy will jump out into your arms and lick your face.

Run around your feet and want you to take him for walkies and play with his ball. (Ball I said not balls, but each to his own).

Save your self the hassle of restocking your freezer regularly, and having to deep clean the freezer.

Love your puppy.

You can try this with the trunk of the car and the wife and the dog, if you lock the dog in the trunk for 12 hours the dog will be pleased to see you when you let it out because the dog loves you, now try the same experiment with the wife.

You are free to disagree but facts prove that by mimicking the humid semi darkness and putting them in close quarters gives them a feeling of security. Instead of looking at chickens from a human point of view look at it from the chickens.
Read

How the Chicken Crossed the World The Story of the Bird That Powers Civilization​

Andrew Lawler

You dont keep chickens, do you ?
I mean, personal experience of responsibility for them.
You can learn lots from books but nothing beats personal experience and care.

offog

LE

Do we still have battery farmed chicken in the UK?

Do we still have battery farmed chicken in the UK?
I hope not - but the original question was more to do with animal welfare in general via lobsters in particular.
Also, even though we are out, a more appropriate question might be - re: battery chickens in the EU.
Because a) eggs still enter our food chain from there , and b) I have lived in places in the EU where the 'policing' of these Standards is a joke.

Read

Andrew Lawler
Crossed the world?..They still haven't figured out why it crossed the road! :p

Heinrich Himmler walt :p
You dont keep chickens, do you ?
I mean, personal experience of responsibility for them.
You can learn lots from books but nothing beats personal experience and care.
Most of my friends farm chickens and I’ve work on broiler farms and egg farms I’ve looked after them, feed them, inoculated them, packed them for transportation and of course packed and checked eggs. The average farm is about 20,000 chickens so to answer you question ‘yes’

Don't be silly.

Love your puppy.

I volunteer for a dog rescue charity BARC’S we ship dogs from California kill shelters and my wife and I foster about 10 dogs a year, we take the aggressive uncontrollable dogs and make them adoptable, it’s just humour.

I volunteer for a dog rescue charity BARC’S we ship dogs from California kill shelters and my wife and I foster about 10 dogs a year, we take the aggressive uncontrollable dogs and make them adoptable, it’s just humour.
It's ARRSE.

It's all HUMOUR to me.

I am EVEN MORE HUMOUROUS when I had my pills or a skin full of beer or both.

Wait out for my postings later this evening/zero silly early hours tomorrow.

I base my HUMOUR (or the lack of it) on the real Comedians of the 1960's & 1970's. You know the good old days when you could take the URINE out of anybody and anything without causing offense and other people had a sense of HUMOUR as well.

I want my 1970's back.

With a puppy you do not need to buy toilet paper.

Dog fur is super soft, washable and reaches into those area's where a hand should not.

Most of my friends farm chickens and I’ve work on broiler farms and egg farms I’ve looked after them, feed them, inoculated them, packed them for transportation and of course packed and checked eggs. The average farm is about 20,000 chickens so to answer you question ‘yes’
Ah! . . . so you are now totally desensitised . . . and (only ?), have experience of what most folk would regard as an aberration, but what you (must ?) regard as “normal” . . . otherwise, you wouldn't be able to have done the work that you did do.

Note: 20,000 head of poultry is not a “farm” . . . it is an industrial complex :( .

no f in beer

War Hero
/fred drift

I used to collect lorry loads of chickens from farms, i used to play 'were all going on a summer holiday' at full blast as we left the farm :0 ,cheered them up no end. Possibly one of the most looked after, in terms of elf and safety, animals prior to being chopped up.

Drive faster and pull curtains back to keep them cool - slower and curtains closed to keep them warm, routes sort of planned to miss traffic jams so their demise was not delayed

Drift off

/fred drift

I used to collect lorry loads of chickens from farms, i used to play 'were all going on a summer holiday' at full blast as we left the farm :0 ,cheered them up no end. Possibly one of the most looked after, in terms of elf and safety, animals prior to being chopped up.

Drive faster and pull curtains back to keep them cool - slower and curtains closed to keep them warm, routes sort of planned to miss traffic jams so their demise was not delayed

Drift off
Did you turn a blind eye to any escapee's?

AKA: The Great Escape.

I worked on the Pig Farm (low key affair local family small holder type set up) in the early 70's as a youth.

Come the day of the collection truck when the well looked after and tubby pigs were going to the market the Owner would go AWOL.

We had an escapee, (well sort of assisted escape) of one of the pigs that had become the Farm Daughter favourite.

The said pig was hidden away until after the truck had left and then put into another pen out of sight for a few days.

We called the pig Steve as in Steve McQueen (even though the pig was a Sow) and the Great Escape.

Owner of the farm was not too concerned when he found out some days later.

His Daughter was happy, he was happy.

Steve lived the rest of HER days out on the farm.

Last edited:

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Be sporting and give your lobster a chance,put car keys next to live lobster and give it a 15 minute window to escape.