Boiling lobsters alive to be banned

Let’s put CCTV in everyone’s house then. Where else should we put CCTV?

No need, everyone carries tracking devices, that effectively can't be turned off, that can record audio and video and be recording whilst notionally "turned off" as far as the user is concerned

Why would we need CCTV?

[drift]

Published by: Soi Dog Foundation, on 15 July 2021.

Time is Out!!

Time is out!
1f4e3.png
‼
86 dogs flew to the US over just 2 weeks
1f60d.png
1f631.png
. The support we received exceeded even our wildest dreams, and every dog who could travel did so. It was not easy with very limited flights, and with the cost of sending each dog being even higher than expected, but thanks to you all costs were covered.
Here is a short video taken by Stacy at The Barking Lot, our partner rehoming centre in San Diego, where Danillo and some others are staying until they move to their permanent homes. It absolutely warmed our hearts to see their happiness and excitement for their new lives!

[/drift]

Posted on this "boiling-lobsters-alive-to-be-banned" thread, and on the "arrse-kennel-club-a-dog-owners" thread.

[drift]

Published by: Katie Godwin, via Facebook, on 23 July 2021.

Katie Godwin shared a link.

This is the reply I received-

Sorry, we can’t accept the petition you supported – “End Halal and Kosher certification and slaughter in the UK”.

It’s offensive, extreme or a joke . . .

We can't accept petitions that are offensive or extreme in their views. That includes petitions that attack, criticise or negatively focus on an individual or a group of people because of characteristics such as their age, disability, ethnic origin, gender identity, medical condition, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. We could accept a petition calling for a ban on non-stun slaughter, but not a petition that bans non-stun slaughter only on the grounds of religious belief. The previous petition referenced was opened prior to the establishment of the Petitions Committee.

We only reject petitions that don’t meet the petition standards:

https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

Thanks,

The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

+ + + + + + + + + +

Surely, the whole purpose of the petition, was to remove from established, well-founded, and accepted anti-cruelty laws . . . the exceptions that are granted and which allow the cruel, barbaric and inhuman slaughter of sentient beings, SPECIFICALLY on the grounds of “religious doctrine”.

It is understood that both the religious groups concerned, do already ALLOW the consumption of meat from animals NOT slaughtered in accordance with their cruel, barbaric and inhuman doctrine.

That is, both religious groups concerned, do already ALLOW the consumption of meat from animals that have been stunned before slaughter . . . when Halal and Kosher meat is not available.

Therefore, there can be no sensible or logical argument, for perpetuating the continued practice of non-stun slaughter, when both the religious groups to which this pertains, already make provision for such an eventuality.

[/drift]

Last edited:
[drift]

Someone else's post, elsewhere, just took me back to the following, which is re-posted here - in all its horror - for completeness :( .

Originally posted on the "Halal in Melbourne" thread, post #839, on 10 SEP 2016.

I can only hope that - after the passage of the intervening five years - the perpetrators, now rot-in-hell :( .

"For your information . . . .

The objection and disgust is not so much the nature of the product, but how it is prepared!"

[/drift]

[drift]

Someone else's post, elsewhere, just took me back to the following, which is re-posted here - in all its horror - for completeness :( .

Originally posted on the "Halal in Melbourne" thread, post #839, on 10 SEP 2016.

I can only hope that - after the passage of the intervening five years - the perpetrators, now rot-in-hell :( .

"For your information . . . .

The objection and disgust is not so much the nature of the product, but how it is prepared!"

[/drift]

Was the water salted or unsalted?

Published by: CIWF NEDERLNAD, via Facebook, on 20 September 2021.

Fantastic news from CIWF Nederland, live crabs and lobsters will no longer be able to be sold in Amsterdam markets from next year!
1f980.png
1f49a.png
️

Now for the rest of the world to do the same.

Very good news! Live crabs and lobsters can no longer be sold in Amsterdam markets from 2022. Onwards. The animals suffer during transportation and sale, and are often killed in a painful way by amateur chefs.
Municipalities, who will follow!

Jacl

Old-Salt
Published by: CIWF NEDERLNAD, via Facebook, on 20 September 2021.

Fantastic news from CIWF Nederland, live crabs and lobsters will no longer be able to be sold in Amsterdam markets from next year!
1f980.png
1f49a.png
️

Now for the rest of the world to do the same.

Very good news! Live crabs and lobsters can no longer be sold in Amsterdam markets from 2022. Onwards. The animals suffer during transportation and sale, and are often killed in a painful way by amateur chefs.
Municipalities, who will follow!

Lecker!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I can think of one lobster who would be amazingly improved by boiling alive....

I've cooked lobster.
Chilled in the freezer then cut through the head. No need for putting it through unnecessary suffering.

I'm off trout fishing tomorrow, I need 4 for a BBQ Saturday. 4 is all I'll take and they'll be dispatched on the bank very quickly.

I hunt and fish, but there is something about causing an animal unnecessary pain and cruelty that really pisses me off.

241142894_395665138621755_3699465807790919974_n.jpg

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Far easier is to chill the lobster in a freezer for 20 minutes (it goes into a catatonic state), take it out of the freezer, stick a sharp knife through its carapace/head and then into the water. Easy.

We are still allowed to dispose of puppies like this though

I can absolutely assure you that you would change that opinion if you were to spend a day on a free range chicken farm - and then a day in a long wooden shed rammed full of thousands of them tightly packed together.
Or worse - in a tiny wire enclosure in that shed, unable to move, just laying eggs.

They may have a tiny brain - but they have millions of years of evolution to learn an instinctive lifestyle.
If they are allowed to live the way they have evolved - they are unstressed.
if unstressed they are healthy and lay healthy eggs - which we eat.

If stressed - they sound bad, smell bad, lose condition, some give up and die, and the rest have to be medicated to stay alive. This medication might just have an effect on the eggs we eat ?

Oh- and chickens don't need to be told to go to bed. They know instinctively when to go and they know instinctively where to go - they roost off the ground. In a hen house if there is one around, up a tree if there isn't. No brain required - just instinct.
Chickens were a floor dwelling jungle bird and millions of years of evolution led to them preferring to huddle together in semi darkness for security leaving them less stressed.
Muppet

Latest Threads