Boiling lobsters alive to be banned

Chalk up a great victory for the wokerati. I look forward to the war they will surely go on to wage against halal/kosher slaughtering techniques....oh and the sacrifice of goats in back alleys.

Chalk up a great victory for the wokerati. I look forward to the war they will surely wave against halal/kosher slaughtering techniques....
And they'll be told to feck off, Allah says we do it like this, you're a blaspheme you must die!

At this point the Wokerati will shuffle off muttering under their breath about freedom of religion and how they mustn't persecute people.

Ok to persecute normal Indiginous British folk though, we're fair game.

Personally not against it as a thing. But agree that it is hypocritical that those kind of cruel ritual slaughter are being let off.

Then again its all a bit cruel so hurry up the rise of lab grown meat putting it all to an end. Cos no way am i not having my damn bacon sarnies!

Dread

LE
It's hardly an issue: I haven't put a live lobster into boiling water for around 25 years due to the very real risk of the lobster splashing out a large amount of boiling water as it goes into the pot.

Far easier is to chill the lobster in a freezer for 20 minutes (it goes into a catatonic state), take it out of the freezer, stick a sharp knife through its carapace/head and then into the water. Easy.

Halal and Kosher should be banned in the UK. Both religions, IIRC, give their followers a get-out clause that if their food is forbidden in a foreign country then they are free to eat whatever they can find.

Chalk up a great victory for the wokerati. I look forward to the war they will surely go on to wage against halal/kosher slaughtering techniques....oh and the sacrifice of goats in back alleys.

Lay off the goats, what happens in Llandudno stays in Llandudno

Link ?! ;) .

I've cooked lobster.
Chilled in the freezer then cut through the head. No need for putting it through unnecessary suffering.

I'm off trout fishing tomorrow, I need 4 for a BBQ Saturday. 4 is all I'll take and they'll be dispatched on the bank very quickly.

I hunt and fish, but there is something about causing an animal unnecessary pain and cruelty that really pisses me off.

Far easier is to chill the lobster in a freezer for 20 minutes (it goes into a catatonic state), take it out of the freezer, stick a sharp knife through its carapace/head and then into the water. Easy.

Why do you need to chill it if you are going to stick a knife through its head? Are you worried it might fight back?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm going to shoot all of mine from now on

And they'll be told to feck off, Allah says we do it like this, you're a blaspheme you must die!

At this point the Wokerati will shuffle off muttering under their breath about freedom of religion and how they mustn't persecute people.

Ok to persecute normal Indiginous British folk though, we're fair game.

Well they did protest outside one halal abbatoir, Animal rights demonstrators target halal slaughterhouse – Eastlondonlines

1625667324884.png

Then ran away v. speedily before an irate worker turned up with a knife still dripping with fresh blood!!

. . . Halal and Kosher should be banned in the UK. Both religions, IIRC, give their followers a get-out clause that if their food is forbidden in a foreign country then they are free to eat whatever they can find.
Exactly as I read it, about one of the religions, but I can't remember which one . . . although if applicable to one, easy to imagine it applying to both.

I just wish our Government would acknowledge the fact !!

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Dont be a Dick cruelty is cruelty.

03b3cab5b8d2dc5b5a07ec5ed5d9d09b.jpg

64d0ddb6bb46d659ad1dc9dc0d8f4157.jpg

It still won't stop the Chinese eating anything that moves.

As with the war against coal fired power stations, china appears to have a wokerati get out of jail card, oddly enough

The best bit in the film Modesty Blaise is when super villain Dirk Bogarde is happy to order brutal murders but gets squeamish at hearing lobsters being boiled for his lunch...

Latest Threads