Bogus Armed Forces charity?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure, I was one of the first hundred or so to join the group and have noticed it getting more and more suspicious. They've even deleted people's comments that were doubting them!

2. Their poster boy looks ally as fcuk.

[​IMG]

Here's a post made by the site admin:

"IF YOU THINK WE ARE THAT NAIVE NOT TO HAVE SPOKEN TO THE CHARITY COMMISION BEFORE DOING THIS THEN AGAIN YOUR WRONG. DETAILS HAVE BEEN LOGGED AND UNTIL WE'VE HAD A FINAL DECISION ON THE GOVERNING BODY WE WILL THEN NO TO WHAT STAGE WE ARE AT."

Well, that's me convinced!

3. Sounds a bit iffy?

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That photo's off the MoD webshite!

5. Not worth my joining Faceache then?

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Oh it is....You can slag off sluggy all day long! Abuse Pipster....oggle BigBird's chebs & call Jarod a puff!

And meet the Bears....

7. Why didn't you say earlier spike - do you have to do them in that order, or is one allowed to abuse jarrod first? :D

8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Me too ... 3/10 and please don't shout. :roll:

9. Hello,

I have joined this forum so that I can reply. I have been banned for questioning them. One of my discussions is still on the board but they have removed a whole thread.

At the point where they took down the paypal they had over 217,000 fans....they asked for a donation of a £1.

I know some old boy had donated a tenner before they took the paypal down ....They wont say how much they have made, their names, where they live anything. They might be sat there with headscarfs on for all we know.

They were very clever though and changed the status to something about negative comments and as you can imagine there was complete blinkered response.

The people who questioned them were just outnumbered by the sheer volume of fans messages.

I have now been banned from posting on there but I will join in another account.

I just thought I'd let you know not all of us are taken in by them.