Bogtrotters Need Not Apply.

Pity we didn't say the same about the Poles eh??

Maybe we could get a job that pays more than £7 per hour

M

Mark The Convict

He's getting his revenge for being fucked around when Alan Joyce (an Irishman) grounded Quantas just to make a point.

I know this is a bit of a generalisation, as I can only base it on my 13 year experience here in Ireland, however, the brickies I have worked with/known here call themselves "Masons" and haven't laid an aesthetically important brick since college, because they're pretty much block layers. If they're going over there saying they can lay bricks as one would expect someone who has been laying bricks day-in, day-out to do then they're kidding themselves and their potential employers.

If they're honest and tell potential employers that they're going to need to get up to speed again, then they've more chance of keeping the jobs they do get offered and less chance of getting the Irish a bad name (which, from what I'm hearing, is the way it seems to be going generally down there).

Pity we didn't say the same about the Poles eh??

Maybe we could get a job that pays more than £7 per hour
the diff is the poles can do a decent job...

I know this is a bit of a generalisation, as I can only base it on my 13 year experience here in Ireland, however, the brickies I have worked with/known here call themselves "Masons" and haven't laid an aesthetically important brick since college, because they're pretty much block layers. If they're going over there saying they can lay bricks as one would expect someone who has been laying bricks day-in, day-out to do then they're kidding themselves and their potential employers.

If they're honest and tell potential employers that they're going to need to get up to speed again, then they've more chance of keeping the jobs they do get offered and less chance of getting the Irish a bad name (which, from what I'm hearing, is the way it seems to be going generally down there).
Tis true and I hate to say it but the housing boom created some bad habits. I have seen some horrendus block work rendered over to hide the bad bits which has cracked after a few months. Looked like the stuff you would see in spain. Guess where the brickie's are now...Aussieland.
The other export from our fair land has been good looking girls to operate the stop go signs on road works in Aus, what's that all about?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
target_stop Waltenkommando 4
J REME 57
scoldog Economics 3