Bognor Regis Mystery !

Looks like a "parachute retarded" jobbie, possibly magnetic mine if sea dropped.
Fuse hole seems to be in right place and size looks right.
Only a ton or so of amatol

It's a tank

the headline says ¨SEA MINE¨ and they later go onto confirming that it was a Bomb. I´m not a pedant (I am a bit actually) but it is time to start holding these news writers to account. If they can´t get simple details like this right then why should we believe a word of anything else that they strong together

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
the headline says ¨SEA MINE¨ and they later go onto confirming that it was a Bomb. I´m not a pedant (I am a bit actually) but it is time to start holding these news writers to account. If they can´t get simple details like this right then why should we believe a word of anything else that they strong together
Upkeep. Bomb or mine, 75 years on?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree. It makes you wonder why they didn't just wait for the UXO wallahs to turn up and interviewed one of them, just to be sure of the facts.

MsG

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well they both go bang, or supposed to.

The way the modern army is going I can see that catching on.
Things have moved on since "someone" painted 432's in what would have , at first glance, appeared to be DPM cock shapes.

Plus the bloke who found it mentioned Propeller, Fin & Nose Cone.